March 28, 2024, 05:01:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KEYLAB WITH ABLETON LIVE 8/9  (Read 91671 times)

Flabericious

Re: KEYLAB WITH ABLETON LIVE 8/9
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 03:14:46 am »
Could somebody tell me where to find this mythical Keylab xx-Live.keylabxx file? Trying to map my keylab 49 to Ableton 9.6 but, besides blue hand, it doesn't seem to work.

AidanJamesMusic

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:51 pm »
Thanks so much Claudio!
You're a Keylab 88 genious :)

This is really helpful! I've messaged Ben who works for Arturia, to ask if he'd post them on the official website (with your permission) to make it easier for other customers to find your post!

Hopefully Arturia will make configuration templates for Logic Pro X/ Mainstage 3 / Studio One 3 too, as well as other DAW's eventually! :)

Only got my Keylab 88 yesterday - but am really impressed with the keybed -
Out of interest, do you use yours live for gigging, Or is Ableton live just the DAW you use for anything Keylab 88 ? Would be interested to hear about your setup, when you get a chance :)

Hello,

any estimate of when a script for the Keylab88 will be available?
I'm reverse engineering the keylab61 patch and the corresponding ableton script to make it work with my 88 but it's time consuming...

=== UPDATE (2015/01/19):
I've been fighting my lazyness this weekend and created a configuration/template for the Keylab88 based on the official resources provided for the Keylab61.
Attached to this post is an archive containing two things:
- "AbletonLiveTemplate.keylab88" is the MIDI configuration to be loaded in one available memory slot on the Keylab88 using the MIDIControlCenter
- the "Arturia Keylab 88" folder must be copied to Live's User Remote Scripts folder and contains the mappings between midi CC messages and Ableton Live controls.
Please follow the instructions provided by Arturia for the Keylab61's template (downloadable here: http://www.arturia.com/keylab61/resources) and you should be good.

The mapping is the same as the official one provided for the Keylab61 (see first post in this thread).

Hope it's going to be useful to other users!
======

Claudio

MarquisVonLion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2016, 08:45:35 pm »
Bonjour,

With the new integration in Ableton 9.6,Is there a way to arm a track with keylab .

Thanks, Merci

skingeo

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2016, 06:22:51 pm »
Bonjour,

With the new integration in Ableton 9.6,Is there a way to arm a track with keylab .

Thanks, Merci

Yes, Under the session view this is something very important.. It needed to be activate, solo and arm the track.

hecthehec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2016, 08:25:14 pm »
So far I can get everything except the track record arm buttons to work. They don't work at all, well, if I manually enable the rec I can get a few of the buttons to disarm it, but they buttons don't line up, sometimes I can get buttons 1-3 to turn of any track, and the others ones don't work at all.

Also the mod wheel stops the sequencer playback.

Same here :(

Did anybody solve this?

hecthehec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 08:27:50 pm »
Bonjour,

Thanks, Merci

Yes, Under the session view this is something very important.. It needed to be activate, solo and arm the track.

I don't understand this answer... How can I arm a track with my key lab?

hecthehec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »
Nobody have been able to arm tracks from the keyboard?

C'mon guys, show some love! :D :D :D

Allard

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »
Hi,

I have the keylab and ableton on windows (10) for more than a year, and decided to try once more to set up the transports...
I downloaded the files, did what was in the pdf and it did not work, as reported all over in this thread.

Then i decided to do something weird: in ableton (9.7) in the options/preferences/midi section you have 3 options for your controller;
control surface, input and output. Here I did have the controller and input set, but did not have anything in the output .... (why would i, it is not a synth?).
Setting the output to keylab 61 as well, made the transports work!
It only took me more than a year, but i am happy!

In the second section, midi outputs i also have for the keylab all three options turned on (yellow)

Hope this helps anyone, as i always learn a lot here!

Searle

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »
Just tried the Keylab mapping thing. Storing the file in the Midi Remote scripts doesn't work. Ableton doesn't recognize it. So this doesn't work for newer Ableton versions.
Switching your Keylab ON in the MIDI sync in preferences to control the transport buttons works like a charm though.

I'm a new Keylab user... I hope I won't get into too much trouble... Haven't read a lot of good things about Arturia support...

jcobos

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2021, 04:58:08 pm »
Will this work on Ableton 11.02 with Keylab 88 MKII ? IF not can you help direct me where i can download the right script for it?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines