April 16, 2024, 10:46:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncing SparkLE in Song Mode to DAW. Can it be done?  (Read 2608 times)

amazonas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Syncing SparkLE in Song Mode to DAW. Can it be done?
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:00:22 pm »
Firstly, I apologize if there is already somewhere on the forum that addresses this. I searched, didn't find.

Here's what I am trying to do, without success.  I am trying to use SparkLE as a plug in with Presonus Studio One.

It functions fine and syncs with the Studio One transport controls and tempo.  However with SparkLe in song mode I can't get it to track with a song in Studio.  SparkLE just follows a long in tempo, if you move the transport in Studio One to a different part of the song SparkLE won't follow, instead it carries on where it left off.

Is there any way to resolve this?

I got SparkLE because I like the 'TR programming' and I still do, instead of building drum patterns in a piano-roll.  I am not sure of any way around this except maybe to find a way to change the SparkLE patterns via a Midi command and write a track in Studio One to do that and ditch the song mode entirely.

Any ideas welcome.  Thanks in advance.

phonopolar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Syncing SparkLE in Song Mode to DAW. Can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:50:44 pm »
I notice a similar problem with Cubase 6. It seems to work a little better, yet still unusable.

When the SparkLE Sequencer is stopped and I place the transport to an arbitrary position in Cubase, then Spark will set its transport to the correct position within the Song. However when I stop the Cubase sequencer, Spark will just go to pause (and not be stopped). When I then set the Cubase transport to another position (e.g. by using the markers), Spark will not follow that and continue from where it paused once I hit play in Cubase again. Only when I reset the Cubase transport to the beginning of the Song, will Spark stop its sequencer in turn and reset to the begining as well.

This is not usable as it is right now.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Syncing SparkLE in Song Mode to DAW. Can it be done?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:49:35 am »
Is there any way to resolve this?
Unfortunately, no.
Spark can not be synced in song mode.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines