March 28, 2024, 08:26:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab not responding after firmware upgrade - SOLVED  (Read 6877 times)

andi_s

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minilab not responding after firmware upgrade - SOLVED
« on: December 28, 2013, 12:28:19 pm »
So unfortunately I upgraded the firmware from 2.1.0.1 to 2.1.0.2.
Followed the Technote to the point, everything seemed to work fine.
Now, when it said the update was complete I unplugged the USB, and after plugging in again, Pads 6, 7 and 8 blink from left to right.
Nothing else is working.
MCC does not detect the Minilab.
When I then press shift on the Minilab, the blinking stops and the "Sync" button in MCC becomes available, but when I click it it says "Device not connected".
Firmware Revision: unknown, when clicking it says "Could not get firmware revision".
At the same time when pressing Shift, the Midi Console in MMC says: "Out:  F0  7E  7F  06  01  F7  |  Sysex". Which I guess is a request to the Minilab to send its ID, unfortunately there's no response.

The Mac Midi Setup does not recognize the Minilab while the pads are blinking. After pressing Shift on the Minilab, it shows up as ready, but nothing is working.

I'm on OSX 10.8

I'm hoping the device is not bricked and there is a simple solution, as I followed the instructions thoroughly.
I really want to like the Minilab, but things like that are making it hard...

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:21:16 pm by andi_s »

andi_s

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minilab not responding after firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »
Btw, in the meantime I also sent this to support, but since I haven't registered the ML yet (not sure I'd keep it) and it got registered as a "Registration and Activation inquiry" I'm a bit worried it might get lost. Also, I can't open the fogbugz.arturia.com link I got in the mail.

Case # is 151061

Would be great to just get an info if this is something I can fix, or if I have to return the ML.

Goon

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:00:51 pm »
I wouldnt expect an answer from Arturia before end of January, IF your lucky.......  Customer/Tech support is awful....

andi_s

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:20:57 pm »
I just found the option to force upgrade the firmware in MCC by chance.

Only do so if told by support... I thought I might give it a try, cause I didn't want to wait a month and had nothing to lose.  ;)

It's working again! The upgrade must have gotten stuck somewhere the first time, even though it said it was finished.

Wavelength

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minilab not responding after firmware upgrade - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:48:12 pm »
My advice is not to update the firmware if you want the keyboard to continue working.  Besides, no one seems to know exactly what this update is supposed to fix.  No answer out of Arturia customer no service yet.

rmb50

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:05:34 am »
I'm having the same problem described by andi_s after attempting to upgrade the firmware to 2.1.0.2. My MCC shows "Firmware Revision: unknown, and when clicking it says "Could not get firmware revision"". How does one get around this and force upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

robksawyer

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:54:09 am »
Same here. I'm running on Mavericks on a brand new computer and I keep getting the following.

Update: So I realized that I was actually not using the MiniLab MIDI Control Center. So after installing the latest from http://www.arturia.net/downloads/minilab/ I was finally able to upgrade the firmware. I downloaded version mcc_mac_1.1.zip.

Also found http://www.arturia.net/downloads/minilab/UpdateFirmware.pdf as well.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:27:01 am by robksawyer »

rmb50

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:10 am »
Thanks, robksawyer.

The critical step for me was NOT using the unified MCC featured on the minilab resources page (http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/MiniLab/resources.html) to complete the firmware update, but instead using mcc_mac_1.1.zip available here:   http://www.arturia.net/downloads/minilab/

Having done that, I am now able to use the unified MCC to manipulate mappings. I've got it back up and performing as expected.

Thanks again

taocayo

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:28:08 am »
Thank you guys. I almost returned this thing if it weren't for this thread. Man, and after jumping through all those hoops just to get the Analog Lab license.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines