March 28, 2024, 06:30:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: multi-timberal  (Read 5874 times)

svenhalen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
multi-timberal
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:47:40 am »
I cannot figure out how to assign each individual sound to a midi channel to use in Cubase as a multitimberal type synth. any help would be appreciated.

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: multi-timberal
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »
Hello I think as i found out that you can only use two sounds or midi channels at one time either by layering two sounds or splitting the keyboard and assigning them to two channels , rather annoying really as you get 5000 sounds but can only use 2 at a time and I didn't expect that when I brought it , I've tried to create a second instance of the vst but it just crashes the daw I'm using ( mpc renaissance and software , it may be better in cubase let me know if u can load the vst twice or more I'm sure I read a review online where they stated this  ill have a look 

svenhalen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 02:06:15 am »
HI thanks for your reply. I ended up figuring it out. Quite simple really, I just added it as an instrument in cubase, now I have unlimted instruments and can assign whatever midi channel and output I want.
this is now the second day I have had to poke around with this, i am simply blown away.
I picked up the unit used in Canada for 275.00 all I can say is wow this controller works better than my expectations.

Lou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:41 am »
Quite simple really, I just added it as an instrument in cubase, now I have unlimted instruments and can assign whatever midi channel and output I want.
this is now the second day I have had to poke around with this, i am simply blown away.
I picked up the unit used in Canada for 275.00 all I can say is wow this controller works better than my expectations.
Can you elaborate a little.. Did you do as Aldred above mentions by adding additional instances?
Also you seem not to be having many difficulties as other users, that's good to hear. It may help to convince me to jump in, as I haven't as of yet because of all the problems I've been reading.. Thanks!

svenhalen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:14:07 pm »
after playing with the unit for a few days I simply LOVE this thing.
In cubase you can add an instrument track, then simply select the Keylab plugin, you can then assign to any output, midi, can change everything including program change, the plugins screen pops up in edit mode and you can use all three, the LIVE, MULTI and SOUNDS tabs.
The more I play with this the more I find how easy it is to use. The 5000 sounds are absolutely KILLER.
I'm using cubase 7.0 on a windows system 64 bit.
I hope that helps clear it up

Lou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 06:33:52 pm »
That's pretty much what I thought. You are adding an Instrument track with the Arturia plug and aditional track/instances if needed.
Glad to hear you are up and running, not many users can say that.. I'm on a mac, should be pretty much the same?
Thanks!

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 09:05:14 pm »
its cool I've overcome the problem by buying a more modern computer, using the mpc software
i got up to 10 instances some multi some single before the cpu meter got to the top ish,

Lou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
Very cool, congratulations! Did you have any trouble reinstalling the software i.e. license registration etc.? Just curious, which machine did you pick up?

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 11:39:19 pm »
i got a refurbished late 2012 mac mini i7 2.3ghz 4gb ram.
no problems reinstalling but i got an e licenser key with the licence on already had the key cause i use to own cubase and still own halion sonic 2. got it installed on my old machine and a laptop too and they all work with the key.

Lou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 12:18:42 am »
Thanks for the info. Are you running your DAW in 32 or 64-bit? Just wondering if that has anything to do with the problems that people are having?

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:36 am »
64bit

Lou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 01:18:38 am »
Thanks again and good luck with your new set up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines