March 19, 2024, 09:22:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab61 and Mac OS X  (Read 3185 times)

Failed Muso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Music Tech Journalist, Fairlight Fixer Upper
    • Failed Muso
Keylab61 and Mac OS X
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:15:14 pm »
Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems using the Keylab61 and its software on OS X? I'm running 10.9 on an iMac and am having no end of difficulty with Keylab not being seen and/or creating 'ghost' USB devices in the MIDI settings of OS X. This results in the KL61 not synchronising with the MIDI Control Centre and not functioning with Analog Lab properly.

I've updated everything to the latest versions and, on the rare occasion I have gotten the thing to be recognised, updated the firmware to 1.33.

Also, Analog Lab in itself behaves erratically and crashes quite often.

I am becoming very disillusioned with the product and the company as a whole as emails to support have yet to yield a satisfactory solution, subtly inferring that I am not using it properly.

I have tried everything out on a Windows machine, albeit in as limited fashion as, bizarrely, I can't use Analog Labs on a second machine (even though it's all tied to my account and uses eLicenser. Why can't the hardware be the key?) but it all works fine on my W7 box. So, I can only imagine Arturia are struggling with OS X 10.9.

Anyway, if anyone else is having this problem or knows of a suitable solution, I'd very much like to hear from you.

Regards,

Rob.

NOX

Re: Keylab61 and Mac OS X
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:55:30 pm »
Hi Rob,

I was successful in reaching some help at Arturia for some solution re the exact problem you are referring to here. My Keylab 40 bought a few days ago won't connect to MiDi Control Center. As you mention there IS indeed a lack of compatibility of the software with Maverick 10.9

I have received an email from Arturia stating that they are working on making their MCC and Analog Lab fully working with OSX 10.9.

That being said i think i will  very much like this Keylab49. I am moving from my (falling apart) Novation 61 SL which was quite extraordinary.  How about you ?

NOX

Failed Muso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Music Tech Journalist, Fairlight Fixer Upper
    • Failed Muso
Re: Keylab61 and Mac OS X
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 07:56:12 pm »
Hey NOX,

Thanks for the reply. It is encouraging to hear this news. I've batted a few emails back and forth with Arturia support and they never mentioned this. They basically advised me to not turn the keyboard off, which seems a bit pointless, as well as not actually solving the problem!

The curious thing is, I've been sent the KL61 to review for my blog so you'd think they'd try to help as much as they can.

That said, there's a lot I like about the KL61 and a few things I'm not too keen on. My main controller is an Akai MPK49 which is built like a tank by comparison and pretty much works out of the box. However, I prefer the 16 drum pads on the KL61 as it matches Reason's Kong instrument better.

Anyway, I'm saving the bulk of my thoughts up for the review which I hope to complete once I get the thing working properly  :)

Keep me informed if you make any other progress and I'm relieved to hear that I'm not alone with this problem!

Regards,

Rob.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines