March 29, 2024, 03:55:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Glide  (Read 2360 times)

Snook

Glide
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:15:27 pm »
Hi, great synth, I'm very much enjoying getting to know it. I was wondering if you could answer a question I have about sequencing. I'm sequencing from ableton and the microbrute happily takes note information and plays the sequences I program. What I would like to do is be able to program a glide between notes in the way that say a TB 303 would to provide that acid squelch. I've been trying to find a solution to this via plugins/ableton but I've yet to find something that sucessfully sends that midi information to the microbrute. Is this even possible or would I have to buy a CV output sequencer? Any information you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Snook

Re: Glide
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26:16 pm »
I've now discovered how to control pitch bend using midi which gives me an approximation of what I want but would still like to know how to create a smooth glide from one note  to the next simply. There is a midi function for portamento on/off in ableton but it doesn't seem to affect the notes in the microbrute. Does anyone know if this because it cannot be controlled via midi?

zigge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Glide
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:49:03 pm »
You can't control the brutes glide on/off by CC messages. The manual explains witch CC it recognizes.. If you want the 303 style with brute sound, I recommend getting a hardware sequencer like the futureretro mobius or acidlab autobot..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines