March 19, 2024, 03:52:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniBrute - keys breaking!  (Read 3330 times)

Shot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MiniBrute - keys breaking!
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:22 pm »
I bought by MiniBrute six months ago.
Soon after that I started taking it to the stage when doing gigs with my band. It got a nice hard case to be sure nothing breaks during transport in a van.
But even before the first gig, one note key broke. A piece of plastic that holds the key in it's unpressed position broke, so the key was wiggling up and down a bit and it didn't align with other keys. I fixed it easily with a bit of super-glue.

But after months of doing gigs another key broke. Just when I was about to fix it, even another key broke! Third one! Damn!

So I opened up my MB (again) to fix those keys. A bit pissed off on the build quality.
But when I did open it, I found out even more keys were about to break! I would estimate that in next few weeks there would be more than four keys breaking if I didn't fix them!

This is frustrating.
Is it that this particular unit was just under-quality?
Are all units that are shipped for middle or eastern europe lower quality than other units sold to the rest of the world?
Or is it a problem with all the units being sold from this batch?

I'm a vocalist in my band, MiniBrute is with me just to play a few songs, but in my band there's also a keyboardist. He plays three keyboards - Nord electro, MicroKorg and Yamaha DX7. He has been using those keyboards for years. His instruments have been traveling in the same van with my MiniBrute, on the same bumpy roads and on different temperatures. How come his keyboards never broke?
And it's not my playing style - I don't play aggressively and I don't punch keys like Mike Tyson! It doesn't have anything to do with the velocity of finger pressure on the key!

I have attached some pictures for all of you to see what happened.
Luckily, it was an easy fix - I just poured few drops of super-glue on the problematic piece of plastic. No harm done.

Please guys, take care of your MiniBrutes!

And Arturia... FIX THIS! Get a different type of plastic material that can last longer!

Anyway...
I'm not angry.
I'm just dissapointed a bit.
I fixed it.
And still loving my MiniBrute!

:)

Luka Tralić
Zagreb, Croatia

Shot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MiniBrute - keys breaking!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »
Pics didn't attach correctly in the previous post...
Dh... tried few times... I can't attach pics to thread!

Here they are in an offsite link...

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:47:43 pm by Shot »

lackluster

Re: MiniBrute - keys breaking!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:50:12 pm »
Just wondering if there has been any official statement on this issue. This is a huge problem for me. I was planning on using this synth on tour this spring, but I had my first key bumper break last night. Not impressed. After seeing these pics, how can I possibly trust this thing for gigging? I see a sub phatty in my future.

----------------

Oops. Just found this thread: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14603.msg40090#msg40090

I guess I'll have to wait on my support ticket, but I still see a sub phatty in my future. :)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:52:52 pm by lackluster »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines