March 19, 2024, 08:23:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: master volume creates resonance/sound?.  (Read 3113 times)

Activ-8

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
master volume creates resonance/sound?.
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:27:49 am »
hopefully i can explain/word this right, but i have noticed that when i don't press any keys or touch anything else and i just turn and move the master volume between the 11oclock and 2oclock position i can hear this faint resonance and sound of the oscillator?, its very faint but noticeable, but before the 11oclock and after the 2oclock position the microbrute is completely silent!?.. am i to be worried or is this just how the analog circuits work?..

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: master volume creates resonance/sound?.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »
an analog VCA(or at least the brute one) does really close the signal when off, it attenuates it a lot, but not perfectly. Plus there is often some crosstalk between pcb tracks and cable passing around. So you can still have bit a signal into the output. If it depends on the knob position, it's probably more from cable crosstalk than VCA bleedthrough.
If it's at low level, it's nothing to worry about.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Activ-8

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 01:45:11 pm »
an analog VCA(or at least the brute one) does really close the signal when off, it attenuates it a lot, but not perfectly. Plus there is often some crosstalk between pcb tracks and cable passing around. So you can still have bit a signal into the output. If it depends on the knob position, it's probably more from cable crosstalk than VCA bleedthrough.
If it's at low level, it's nothing to worry about.

ok thankyou for the explaination, but i just need to know if everyone else has this happening also???, or is it that some machines have it worse then others???, all the videos i have watched of microbrute do not have this faint phasing resonating sound.. so i guess i just need to know is my micro ok and healthy/normal..  :-\

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:08:41 am »
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines