March 29, 2024, 12:28:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audible VCO signal Without Touching any Keys  (Read 31324 times)

cowfood

Re: Audible VCO signal Without Touching any Keys
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 03:35:19 am »
Thank you JayBee808, The ribbon cable right under the envelope was the ticket, just pushed mine back a little, no more crosstalk, both line and hp jacks are clean now.  Took me awhile to find this thread, but the fix - 10 minutes.

-CF

Icewind

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »
Just wanted to say that I also had this problem.  Took it back to the place of purchase, and got a new one.  Tried it at the shop, and everything seemed fine.  Once I got home, I noticed that I still had the bleed, but only when I turned up the ultrasaw.  I can live with that.  Although it is a little annoying.

I'm a little paranoid about opening up the microbrute to fix the issue. 

JayBee808

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:22 am »
In my experience, analog synths will always require some maintenance. :-\  I've owned many over the years and opened every one at some point.

That being said... I think this fix for the Micro is extremely easy. It is really a matter of removing a BUNCH of screws on the bottom panel, gently pulling it off and then pushing the ribbon cable.  Easy to reassemble. Honestly I trust this method of repair way more than shipping the board in for the same repair. You might even end up with a used replacement, who knows how Arturia is dealing with this.

I am guessing after time and movement (mine travels a lot) this ribbon will move and become a problem again. I'm just expecting to make this adjustment on occasion.

I am also trying to figure out if there might be a way to shield that ribbon so that there isn't the crosstalk problem. Any ideas would be great!

I realize this seems like a wrong but I truly believe part of owning any keyboard is the maintenance of it. The MicroBrute is no exception. It is a wicked synthesizer and I am not concerned in the slightest.

Let me know if you have questions, glad to help out!

avinoandrea90

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 11:45:30 pm »
I have the same problem but only from the main out any suggestions on how to fix it? I already used my warranty without asking them to fix that!  :-[

fellotransit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Fello Transit's official website
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2016, 10:32:13 pm »
That being said... I think this fix for the Micro is extremely easy. It is really a matter of removing a BUNCH of screws on the bottom panel, gently pulling it off and then pushing the ribbon cable.  Easy to reassemble. Honestly I trust this method of repair way more than shipping the board in for the same repair. You might even end up with a used replacement, who knows how Arturia is dealing with this.

:) I'm super happy that you guys figured out the ribbon cable was the problem. I opened up the back of mine last night and moved the ribbon cable that crosses over cirucuit board near the envelope section and the noise went away. I taped it with some electrical tape to the bundled cable right next to it so that it wouldn't fall close to the circuit board again. It's like brand new again.
I feel so relieved that this was an easy fix.

Thanks to JayBee808 for opening up his and letting us know!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines