December 18, 2014, 10:07:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audible VCO signal Without Touching any Keys  (Read 4081 times)

cowfood

Re: Audible VCO signal Without Touching any Keys
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 04:02:19 am »
Thank you JayBee808, The ribbon cable right under the envelope was the ticket, just pushed mine back a little, no more crosstalk, both line and hp jacks are clean now.  Took me awhile to find this thread, but the fix - 10 minutes.

-CF

Icewind

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 05:49:25 pm »
Just wanted to say that I also had this problem.  Took it back to the place of purchase, and got a new one.  Tried it at the shop, and everything seemed fine.  Once I got home, I noticed that I still had the bleed, but only when I turned up the ultrasaw.  I can live with that.  Although it is a little annoying.

I'm a little paranoid about opening up the microbrute to fix the issue. 

JayBee808

• Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 08:13:22 am »
In my experience, analog synths will always require some maintenance. :-\  I've owned many over the years and opened every one at some point.

That being said... I think this fix for the Micro is extremely easy. It is really a matter of removing a BUNCH of screws on the bottom panel, gently pulling it off and then pushing the ribbon cable.  Easy to reassemble. Honestly I trust this method of repair way more than shipping the board in for the same repair. You might even end up with a used replacement, who knows how Arturia is dealing with this.

I am guessing after time and movement (mine travels a lot) this ribbon will move and become a problem again. I'm just expecting to make this adjustment on occasion.

I am also trying to figure out if there might be a way to shield that ribbon so that there isn't the crosstalk problem. Any ideas would be great!

I realize this seems like a wrong but I truly believe part of owning any keyboard is the maintenance of it. The MicroBrute is no exception. It is a wicked synthesizer and I am not concerned in the slightest.

Let me know if you have questions, glad to help out!
Mac mini (Late '12) Quad 2.3 i7 OSX 10.10, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 256 SSD +1TB internal, Apogee Duet, Cubase Pro 8, WaveLab 8.5, Live 9, V Collection 4, Komplete 10, Spark CDM, MiniLab, BeatStep, MicroBrute, and piles of controllers...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines