March 28, 2024, 08:03:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute broken Keybed  (Read 3397 times)

HH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute broken Keybed
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:37:55 pm »

Initially I thought it was a broken bumper but now seems it is the Keybed:

What shall I do?

Please help!

T3k

Re: Minibrute broken Keybed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »
I superglued mine and the repair has held up.

A month later, another black plastic bumper holder thingy snapped. Fixed that one too, still works.

You can contact support, but Superglue will be dry before you can compose a ticket.

tertior

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
before there was superman, now it's superglue  ;)

T3k

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:20:37 pm »
Look! Up in the Sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a failure-prone batch of key beds!

Varthdader

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:06:28 pm »
I say contact Arturia for a replacement keybed

HH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:02:38 pm »
I've contacted the seller I got it from and am organising a replacement Minibrute. I'm thinking maybe it was just an inferior batch of the product and not a common thing happening with all Minibrutes ? I've noticed that within the space of the same few months people have complained of the same things?

Lets hope the second attempt works! If not then it'll be a full refund and will never deal with Arturia again.

Yes, I agree, superglue is one of the greatest things Man has ever devised, but having to perform repairs on a new piece of kit that costs in excess of Ģ400.00 is not right! They should STOP building these in China and spend more money on making it built like a tank. The body work is VERY solid and the keyboard is too, but obviously it could be better. The keybed and bumpers should be made of metal!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:07:46 pm by HH »

Varthdader

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:46 pm »
Donīt think that metal is the only answer.

My guess is they just got a bad batch of keybeds where the plastic type or the torque they gave the screws made many bumpers crack.

Exchanging your Minibrute might give you another unit from the same time period which might lead to you having this issue again, the safest way to solve this is exchanging the keybed for a new one (which I hope is trouble free).

The Minibrute is a great synth otherwise, donīt let this "little rock in your shoe" hamper years of future enjoyment!

HH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:29:02 pm »

Yes, you're right, I am worried about getting a unit form the same batch and fingers crossed it does not happen! or in the words of John Mcclane from the Die Hard movies - "How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?!"

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines