March 19, 2024, 12:18:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Volume of other Tracks In Pro Tools 10 drop when Sparks is playing  (Read 1933 times)

kfay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am running Pro Tools 10 on Mac OSX 10.7.5.

I have Arturia Spark as a Plug In on an Instrument Track.

I noticed that when I mute the Instrument Track containing spark, my other Pro Tools tracks are at normal volume. (I am just using Pro Tools virtual instruments on all of the other tracks). However, as soon as I unmute the Spark track, all of the other track's volume is reduced. Then I mute the Spark and track and the volume comes up again.

Then I noticed that when I pull the fader down on the spark instrument track, the volume of all the Pro Tools tracks rises. When I push the instrument track up, all of the tracks decrease in volume.

My mind is blown.

Is this a Pro Tools Issue or Spark?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Volume of other Tracks In Pro Tools 10 drop when Sparks is playing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:05:13 am »
I really don't know what could be the problem.
Do you have a compressor in your Pro Tools master track?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

kfay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 12:46:31 am »
I do not. It's almost like Pro Tools is matching the low output Spark. Does Spark have a volume output options in Preferences or anything?

kfay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 09:20:40 pm »
Figured out that I did have a limiter on the master fader...so I take it off and Spark matches the volume of the other tracks yay! But...now I added a bass drum to my Tom sequence in Spark and the same thing is happening within Spark...the kick is nice and loud when soloed, but when I also put on the Toms the volume of the kick turns down. How to I do solve this within spark?

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 05:34:00 pm »
try to turn down the volume of the toms a little bit. if then the rest is too loud, also turn it down a litle bit - thats allways better than to make the bassdrum louder and louder ;) you can make it louder on the master channel in the end.

kfay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:47:16 pm »
Alrighty I'll see how that works! It is just strange how the volume of the bass drums will literally turn down when not soloed, but I'll figure it out soon :) thank you

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:08:07 am »
it's all a question of mastering ;)
i've noticed that there seems to be allways some kind of compression in sparks main mix. (maybe its because soft clip is activated? didn't try this)

so you have to watch out - if a sound is too loud it might choke back another sound when both play together...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines