March 28, 2024, 06:09:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unresponsive key (currently working)  (Read 5960 times)

konspirativ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Unresponsive key (currently working)
« on: December 08, 2013, 01:58:28 am »
Hello, I got my McBr on Wednesday and briefly had an odd issue:

Out of the box, the lowest C# key was far less responsive than the others, almost not triggering at all or would play with a second's delay after pressing (and holding). However, the issue completely went away not long after I installed the new firmware and changed some of the settings. Is this a problem that could return, or was it just the original firmware? I noticed a Youtube user mentioned a similar problem with the highest C key on his unit...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:35:56 am by konspirativ »

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Unresponsive key (currently working)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:39 am »
a keybed, like pots may need a bit a burn-in to be fully functional.
But if the issue reappear, you can of course contact our technical support to have it solved
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

richg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »
Hi,
I have a similar problem...I can't get my low d key to work, and the f# key just above works intermittently. How long does the burn in process take? Is burning in simply a process of leaving the unit powered on?

Thanks for any information.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:53:53 am »
Is burning in simply a process of leaving the unit powered on?
no you have to use the key several times.
if it still don't work after some times, you may have a defective key.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

richg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »
Is burning in simply a process of leaving the unit powered on?
no you have to use the key several times.
if it still don't work after some times, you may have a defective key.

waiting for technical support............

guess I'll be sending it back...  :(

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:32:09 pm »
a keybed, like pots may need a bit a burn-in to be fully functional.
But if the issue reappear, you can of course contact our technical support to have it solved
Is it normal for the keys to be slightly uneven, a little crooked? I've noticed a few keys being unlevel to the others on my 2 week old microbrute.

mckenic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:38:04 am »
Sorry to chime in but I have the same issue -

Got my Micro on Christmas Day and the lowest C# key will trigger roughly only 2 out of 10 times I press it. As this was a present & I live in Ireland, I REALLY dont want to send it back to JRR shop in the USA and incur the import fees and vat/tax both ways, let alone the time it would take to get it back. I also have an issue with the included patch cables needing to be inserted fully and then pulled out half way to make a correct connection - not sure if it is the patchbay or cables...

I'm fairly competent with a soldering iron (built x0x, Shruthi, eurorack modules etc.) so if it was a mechanical issue I could poke at it myself/clean contacts etc. I emailed support about this but have heard nothing back yet - hoping that is due to the holidays... but another thing please - what is FogBugz? Nothing shows up in my pending support requests and Firefox and Safari say "Firefox can't find the server at fogbugz.arturia.com." & "Safari can't find the server at fogbugz.arturia.com."

Anyway thanks folks - hoping this is just a lose connection or something similar I can fix myself & Arturia support says I can go ahead and look.

Greetings from Ireland!

Dave

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 10:18:31 am »
you can disassemble the keybed and clean th faulty key rubber and carbon contacts. It's easy to do.
Remove all the screws on the back plate. disassemble keybed by removing small screws in white keys, remove all screws until you can remove the rubber and clean it's inside
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

mckenic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 01:17:19 am »
Thank you very, very much Bruno!

As of course is usual with all these things - I waited for an official answer, broke out the toolbox and just before disassembling my Brute, powered it on to check the issue... played the C# with a little bit of hard pressure and.....

Out popped a little thing - like a wood shaving from the gap between the C & D keys!!! The C# key immediately began to work 100% of the time!

Attached is a zoomed in pic of the offender on a copy book page - strange! But however - thank you VERY much Bruno and David at Arturia support. I sincerely appreciate all your help!!!

Dave

[Edit] not sure if the attachment worked so here is the image if anyone is interested -
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:19:57 am by mckenic »

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
Its great you solved it!
Where exactly was this part? I not sure I really understood.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

mckenic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:34 pm »
Hi Bruno,

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion.
When I pressed the lower C# key, that little wooden sliver popped out from the gap between the C, C# & D keys!
Dont know what was going on but everything works now :)

I must note that mine came to Ireland from the USA and when it was in the USA it was sent from JRRShop to my family in Arizona... so anything could have been knocked about in all that shipping!

Thanks again!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines