March 19, 2024, 05:35:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How can I filter Spark beats through Minibrute and record it in Logic? I  (Read 5456 times)

vacuum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello,
Does anyone knows how can I filter the beats of Spark through my MB and record it in Logic?

I do the following steps:

I connect the midi out of spark to the midi in of MB and also I've got Spark and MB connected to the mac through usb. in the spark preferences I know I've got to mark Spark public out, midi clock sync master, and active inputs Minibrute because I have seen it on a tutorial, but how can I do that when I'm running in Logic???  I can not access to this preferences!

I can play booth Spark and MB separately running in logic, but I'd like to modify/filter the sound  of Spark through MB.

and one last thing.... when I click on the top preferences (booth: spark app and spark as pluggin in Logic). on the midi side. Send midi from pads/sequencer, I've got the following message: yes, would use. iac driver spark midi out- but the port doesn't exist. how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance  :)
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH, I really appreciate the work you do on this forum has been very useful

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How can I filter Spark beats through Minibrute and record it in Logic? I
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:54:28 am »
Does anyone knows how can I filter the beats of Spark through my MB and record it in Logic?
the midi connection seems to be correct. but thats only to sync everything with the midi-clock.

you have to connect the BS2 and MB with audio cables. midi doesn't send any audio information. so you'll need an audio interface with two or more line-outs. send spark to line-out1 from your computer to line-in from the MB and then audio out from your MB back into the computer. master output from logic to line-out2  and then into your sound-system.

and one last thing.... when I click on the top preferences (booth: spark app and spark as pluggin in Logic). on the midi side. Send midi from pads/sequencer, I've got the following message: yes, would use. iac driver spark midi out- but the port doesn't exist. how can I fix this?
don't know about this one...

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:09:30 pm by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

vacuum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:00:23 am »
Hi Ben , I had already made the IAC driver, but when I click on the top preferences, send midi from pads/sequencer, I've got: YES, uses IAC driver Spark1 midi out, but the port doesn't exist### Any idea????
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:02:44 am by vacuum »

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »
I'm sorry but what do you mean with BS2?
sorry for that! i was in another forum before i wrote this. of course, i mean the Spark and not BS2  ::)

send spark to line-out1 from your computer to line-in from the MB[/i]. I don't know how to do that.
you will know what i mean, when you have a soundcard with two different outputs ;)

I'm only using SparkLE. I'm not sure if the Spark has audio out? If so, you won't need an external soundcard. simply put an audio cable from the spark to the line-in from your MB. The rest of your setup looks correct. so after this, everything should work the way you want it. (But to record the sounds, you have to go from MB-main out into your mac. As i said - midi doesn't send any audio data.)

If the Spark has no audio out: you should buy an external soundcard with several audio-out-channels. because you can choose which channel the spark sends its audio out. this way you can set spark audio out to line-out1 from your soundcard. then connect line-out1
to line in from the MB. to record this in your DAW, you have to send the audio-signals back into your computer. simply go from the MB's main-out to the line-in of your soundcard. now comes the point where you definitely need a soundcard: because up to now, you can't hear anything ;) now you have to send the main out from logic to the second line-out from your (new) soundcard. than simply connect your sound system to line-out2. ready to rock  ;D

in the end it should look like this:

Spark (midi out) --> MB (midi in)
Spark & MB--> USB-->mac
spark audio out --> MB line in
MB audio out --> Mac line in
mac audio out --> sound system
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:09:05 pm by Jay Bits »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines