March 19, 2024, 03:29:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Envelope Exploit  (Read 3241 times)

Someone

Envelope Exploit
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:58:31 am »
Hey, I bought this awesome synth and after some playing around i discovered an interesting exploit/glitch/bug/feature that I didn't see being mentioned in the manual, so I decided to share it here.

1. Set the VCA switch to "Gate".
2. Set the "Attack" slider to the lowest point possible (this exploit won't work when the slider isn't at said point) and the "Release" slider to the highest point possible. The "Sustain" slider should be at least up a third on the dial-thingy.
3. Play a note on the keyboard.
4. After you've played the note, it should start to fade out. At this point, flick the "Release" slider as fast as you can to zero.
5. If you've done everything right, the note will stay on forever, despite the "Release" slider being at zero. If you want to end the note, play another note or move the "Attack" or "Release slider.

This exploit is actually pretty useful, especially when you're processing an external audio source via the "Audio In" input and don't want to press a key all the time to hear it. Also you can now turn the filter and LFO knobs with both hands. :D

But I'm wondering: Is anyone else able to pull off this exploit or is it just a single "malfunction" on my Microbrute?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Envelope Exploit
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:03:23 am »
indeed if you slide down the release quickly, the envelope get stuck is a "middle" position. It's a specificity on this design.
To get an always open gate, you can also patch GATE OUT to GATE IN.

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Someone

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 02:03:01 pm »
Thanks for that extra tip! :)

chysn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 02:30:44 am »
Someone, that trick worked for me, too.  Thank you, that will be extremely useful for me.

Patching Gate Out to Gate In does not result in an always-open gate for me.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:59:51 am »
I guess patching Gate IN on OUT, will only work if the Sequencer "Step On" is set to "Clk". If it's on "Gate", the gate input does not control the VCA anymore.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines