March 19, 2024, 10:33:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sparkle midi output  (Read 2261 times)

raztua

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sparkle midi output
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:27:31 am »
First of all i'll thank Arturia for the amazing product.

I have recently bought the sparkLE and i am happy with it.

However i have a few problem i would like to understand/solve, to have a device that would totally suit my needs ( as everyone :) )

My first problem is with the Spark software ( in stand alone and VST) : Sometime, when i change and instrument while my pattern is playing, it mute/ disable the instrument. Then i have to restart the software. Is it a common issue?

I am using windows 7 and the built-in sound unit of my laptop.

Another problem : I have tried to use the midi output in standalone mode, and it doesn't send datas. I have try to use midiyoke drivers, and to check the midi messages with midi-ox. But it as if the sparkle software didn't send datas.
Do you have any idea of the reason of such problem???

ps: if i use sparkle in midi mode and route the device to my midiyoke channel, the midi messages are transmitted
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:03:46 am by raztua »

raztua

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sparkle midi output
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:10:25 am »
I have made some test :

• in midi mode with live 9, win 7 32bit
        -i have tried to use sparkLE in midi mode with my DAW : it seems to works in writing ( ie : i can record my pad ) and my midi track is save
        - if i play this track, my spakLE's pad doesn't light
        It is as if the daw wasn't sending midi datas to the sparkle

• with max 6.1
        - Max doesn't receive information from my sparkle :s
        - I have been able to solve this problem by routing the sparkle input port to a virtual midi chanel ( midiyoke 1 for exemple )
        -but i still can't send midi data to the sparkLE (ie : when i send a note, pad doesn't light even with the midiyoke magical Technic)

From what i have read on the forum, this problem is uncommon ( people have manage to script max4live or other software) and doesn't have my output issue, with mac and windows computer.

this is why i ask the question :
Have you ever been able to receive MIDI datas (in midi mode) with your sparkLE and wich OS are you using?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:27:15 am by raztua »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines