March 28, 2024, 01:13:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Oberheim maxing out CPU/freezing on a brand new 3.5ghz iMac, 16gb ram, logic x  (Read 9540 times)

pkdick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
see screen shot.

tired of this plug-in not working properly, I've had the same issue since i bought the crappy thing. the exact same problem was happening  on my old computer. it maxes out the cpu when the interface is opened. this has been raised before in a separate thread, is a known issue and various people also experience it.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:43:12 pm by pkdick »

pkdick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
this plug-in has not worked properly from the day i bought it

vaikl

Yes. You are the only one human being on this planet who's able to speak out loud "This doesn't work!". Without any word of explanation. No, without anything. Congratulations.

pkdick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
wrong, this issue has been bought up in another thread if you'd bothered to look, song files have been sent and screenshots sent and it still doesn't work, so pipe down

Kye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
see screen shot.

tired of this plug-in not working properly, I've had the same issue since i bought the crappy thing. the exact same problem was happening  on my old computer. it maxes out the cpu when the interface is opened. this has been raised before in a separate thread, is a known issue and various people also experience it.

Also have the same issues with other Arturia plugins when the GUI is open.... Don't hold your breath for a solution!

asinla

• Apprentice
I have the same problem. All the other synths seem to work fine but the SEM just maxes out the CPU then crashes Logic when I remove it.

OSX 10.8.5
16gb RAM
Logic 10.0.6
Dual 2.8 GHZ Quad Core Xeon

stuey

• Spark Moderator
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82544.0

Yep +1 here to plus video!

Thanks, Stuart

P.S. Ben, Kevin. Please take a look at this when you have time, I know you are extremely busy but it's unusable with the GUI open a lot of the time

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi everyone , i had a look into this on logic x 10.0.7 with my mac pro 6 core 2010 . and i cannot get the same results as you .logic works in a strange way with multi cores and its easy to overload due to the way logic works .there is a link below which was for logic 8 but may still apply.
I loaded just semv and loaded the cpu monitor in logic and i tried everything to max it out .logic and the semv  was checked in activity monitor and only used 16% of my cpu which goes unto 600%.
check the link if your making projects.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3161?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Hi,

My issue with it is in Pro Tools, sorry i jumped in on your thread :) but thought it might be connected in some way.
That said, in my instance it isn't a plug in CPU problem per sé, it's more a graphical refresh issue which other plugs (Arturia) do also suffer from.

Thanks, Stuart

P.S. My thought on this is that it affects graphics that having moving parts to them (Not keys) i.e, Spark pads lighting up, moving patterns, Sequence patterns and arpeggios.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:36:10 pm by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

cowudders

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
hello all, first post.
i also have the SEM's overload problems, several plug-ins had this (lex native, overloud breverb f.e.)
'had this', because they have all been fixed now and the problem with lex, where i did beta-testing, was some GUI priority setting.
does this also apply to the sem? in it's current state is unusable here when the GUI is open.
in a total empty project it works fine, but as soon as you add other plug-ins the CPU goes through the roof ONLY if the SEM gui is open.

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
wrong, this issue has been bought up in another thread if you'd bothered to look, song files have been sent and screenshots sent and it still doesn't work, so pipe down

Pkdick
Did you ever find a solution?  I have the same issue as well guy open spiking closed no issue opened case 230020

Jb

pkdick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Pkdick
Did you ever find a solution?  I have the same issue as well guy open spiking closed no issue opened case 230020

Jb

Hi, no it still happens, i just stopped using it, like a lot of the other Arturia synths i bought from them. i occasionally load one up to use but end up frustrated, should know better by now. for example I tried to use the Moog modular plug in the other day but it let out this hearing damaging high pitched sound when scrolling through some sounds. I find Arturia a shocking company when it comes to product dev, practically all of their plug-ins are half finished from my experience, god knows what their hardware is like.

did you find a solution?

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
nope. but a work around. I am using win 7 64 bit.
I had turned off all visual effects including Aero
to optimize my system. the Wurly and the SEM
both had the issue. When I turned on Aero the problem went away.
So its a work around really.

their support said
I tried with my personal Macbook at home and I have very big lags with the Wurlitzer too.
It happens only when the gui is displayed and only when I play with my computer keyboard. With a midi controller, everything is fine.
I think these issues will be fixed in the next update of the plugins.

And that was after over a week of back for of "support"
The only VSTs that I have that give me problems are the Arturia VSTs, and their support has been...... "superficial" is the best way I can put it. not a great combination

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines