May 23, 2015, 01:55:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 61 Button States  (Read 136 times)

mrforged

• Apprentice
KeyLab 61 Button States
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:39:20 pm »
I have a question the community may be able to answer.

I am trying to program the switches on the Keylab 61.  What I need to do is rather straightforward:  I want to push a button to and have it light up, and remain lit (or ACTIVE) until I push the button again, when the light should go off (INACTIVE).  At the same time, when the button transitions from one state to another, I want a MIDI control message to be sent with a value of 0 for inactive and 127 when the button is active. Sounds easy, right?

As you know, there are a few different MODES for the button behavior:  Off, Control, Duration Control, Keyboard Preset, Control Toggle, Note Toggle, MIDI Note, and Patch Change.  After reading the manual, it appears that the Control Toggle mode should do what I need.  And it does.....well, not really.  >:(

After tinkering with the board for a couple of hours, I was starting to get a bit frustrated so I decided to do a hard reset and start fresh.  I loaded Preset 1 into working memory and set all switches and transport buttons to Control Toggle mode.  I assigned control numbers 30 - 39 to the switches and 20 - 25 to the transport buttons.  Then I set the Min/LSB value to 0 and the Max/MSB value to 127 on all switches and transport buttons.  Saved my changes back to Preset 1 just for shits and giggles and then pressed each and every button.  MIDI monitor shows me that all of the buttons are alternating between 0 and 127 on their assigned MIDI control numbers but, with the exception of the FFWD button, none of the switches or transport buttons stays lit. ???

Am I doing anything wrong or is this one of the undocumented 'features' of this keyboard? 

Any other users out there having the same problem? 

By the way, I am running Firmware 1.3.3

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Jorgalad

• Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 61 Button States
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 10:08:39 am »
Yep, I experiences similar things. It seems like if you get  away from the initial setup strange things start happening. I have some buttons that are always lit now even though they are on toggle.
Since this post is a few months ago, did you figure it out already? I'm trying to figure out why the  pads don't light up when I send them a note on message.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines