March 28, 2024, 09:01:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: usb to midi problems  (Read 6891 times)

ip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
usb to midi problems
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »
hi i dunno whether this is a general bug or not, but it seems there is a problem with microbrute's midi over usb. connected with usb to the laptop it can control soft synths with no problem but it does not receive midi signals. most of the times it does not respond at all, or it responds for a few seconds but then it mess things up, producing a constant note, uninfluenced by any midi notes. i have used so far fruity loops studio and reaktor to send midi signals to micro brute with the aforementioned bad results.
what's going on? i have seen that other people had the same problem with cubase and flstudio, is it a firmware bug or what?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: usb to midi problems
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:12:36 am »
The problem related to Cubase and FL, are quiet different, one can't get midi clocks, the other has trouble with audio routing.
In you case it sound like something is doing a Midi loop somewhere. you should check your software configuration, make sure you don't have two softwares sending midi at the same time.
Do you use Midi in Connector at the same time?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

ip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:07:54 am »
hello
no i don't use midi in at the same time, just the usb cable.
after resetting microbrute 1-2 times i managed to control it through reaktor although some times the brute "froze" producing a constant note, through fl studio there is still no reaction at all. i have checked the software side of course, it is nothing different than the setup i am using usually, with no midi problems so far, apart from controlling the brute, that is.
it is strange because both programs see it as midi in with no problem. 

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:17 am »
what is your OS? what version?
can you try it on another computer?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

ip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 02:17:02 pm »
hello
i work on windows 7, home edition. yesterday, i did (finally) manage to control it with a couple sequencers from reaktor, the trick here is to reset the microbrute everytime it shows a problem, usually a constant note uninfluenced by any midi signal. seems like a midi loop, but i'm not sure. not sure why resetting the microbrute by switching it on and off, works either. this lead me to suspect some kind of firmware bug.
i will try it on another computer as soon as i manage and will let you know. thanx for your time and your fast replies.

ip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 02:56:56 pm »
so, here's some additional info.
tried microbrute on another laptop, windows 7 pro ,  with sugar bytes thesys midi sequencer installed, it "saw" microbrute as input and output, the midi in worked good, with midi out, once more : nothing.
i also saw that when i open any midi controller program (such as reaktor) the microbrute connection software can not see the microbrute, and vice versa when i have the microbrute connexion software open, most hots have problems with midi.
does anybody else face problems with midi connection over usb with this synth?
strange really strange. any suggestions?
(i'm still thinking it's a firmware bug).

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 10:50:03 am »
on Windows, 2 app can not open the USB driver at the same time. It's a Windows driver limitation.
Please double you issue using only one Software
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

multivoxmuse

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 07:10:05 am »
on Windows, 2 app can not open the USB driver at the same time. It's a Windows driver limitation.
Please double you issue using only one Software

For me this worked. Amazingly, MIDI Control Center was the "second" app that was open using the USB midi driver. Incredible. But, closing MIDI Control Center, then rebooting brute and reopening Reaper (or ableton) allowed whichever DAW to output midi via usb.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines