April 18, 2024, 09:49:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cross edition presets/kits  (Read 1302 times)

musiceel

Cross edition presets/kits
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »
Is there any way to use kits from the "regular" Spark edition with the VDM edition or are they mutually exclusive? VDM only has 31 kits whereas there are maybe 4 X that number in Spark. I tried the import function in VDM but although I can see the files they aren't accessible, I also tried copying them from the Library folder of one into the other but they don't show up. I can understand why Arturia would make kits only work with specific editions of Spark to encourage us to buy the other versions but it is a bit annoying!! Anyone have a solution?

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Cross edition presets/kits
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:01:36 am »
Hi,

It is not possible to play its from the CDM (standard) version of spark in any of of the other versions of spark. If you have the CDM kits I imagine you have the software as well. In the CDM version you have all of the VDM kits, so I suggest you just use the CDM version, that way you can play all the kits you want.

musiceel

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:40:00 am »
Hi Toby, I've been lucky enough to receive NFR products from you guys for many years and recently received the V3 collection which contains the VDM version. I previously had the CDM but it's licence expired, hence my attempts to run all the kits I've accumulated on that. I've been offered SparkLE at a great price and am just waiting to hear back from Nathalie as to what that can run. Assuming it can use all the kits it's problem over. Thanks for the reply, I understand the logic of making the different version mutually exclusive, makes no sense to invest in creating them if you only need one to run everything eh?

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:58:03 am »
Hi Musiceel,

as of software version 1.7 sparkLE can be used with all version of Spark so you will be sorted! Personally I prefer the VDM kits anyway, although there is some great stuff in the other versions as well. All the best,

Toby

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines