Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
1 (33.3%)
Yes, partially
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: April 17, 2014, 01:25:10 pm

Author Topic: I DID IT I DID IT!!!...I FIXED THE KEYLAB 49 ANALOG LAB MCC & FIRMWARE PROBLEM  (Read 8481 times)

BP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
This may fix other issues too, so give it a try.

If you have had issue getting your firmware to update and/or Analog Lab and Midi Control Center to work with your Keylab 49 or even have problems getting it recognized as a MIDI device, then I may have found the solution to your problem. The problem is there is  Registry key missing!! It is deep in your system and causing all this stress.
I did this and FINALLY my Arturia is working with Analog Lab and Midi Control Center. I suspect it will fix many other problems.

Arturia Technicians LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!

It may not fix all problems but MANY problems are having problems getting their Keylabs to work with their Analog Lab, MCC and other programs

Do this:

1. Download Midi OX for free
2. Got to . Options > MIDI inputs and MIDI outputs > Select Keylab 49/61 or whatever Arturia MIDI instrument you have
3. You will see it gives the message Undefined EXTERNAL error...that's ok it is confirming their is an error

and HERE is how to fix it so your software works with the Arturia

I will post a link but basically it is a Registry Key problem so EXPORT AND SAVE YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!!

Then go to http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/en416511     and follow these directions

If your M-Audio USB MIDI device, or the MIDI input on your M-Audio audio device, is recognized by your applications, but does not receive MIDI data from the device, test with MIDI-OX to see if you receive an “Undefined External Error” after selecting the device and clicking OK in MIDI-OX’s MIDI setup

If you get an undefined external error in MIDI-OX, try the following steps to resolve the error. These steps require that you modify the windows registry.

NOTE: YOU SHOULD ONLY DO THIS WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU CAN CAUSE IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF YOU MODIFY REGISTRY KEYS OTHER THAN THE ONE SPECIFIED BELOW. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND GO THRU EACH STEP CAREFULLY!!!

Hold down function/Windows key and press the letter R. This will open the Run window.

Type in: regedit to open the Registry Editor
Press CTRL + F on the keyboard to open the search window.

Copy and paste the following key in the “Find what” field.

4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
(make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces)

You can confirm that the search function has located the correct key because the (Default) value is “Sound, video and game controllers” and the Class is “MEDIA”

Right-click in a blank portion of the right hand pane and choose New -> Multi-String Value

Under the Name column right-click on “New Value” and select Rename

Type: UpperFilters (case-sensitive, all 1 word)

Next, double-click UpperFilters and under "Value data:" type ksthunk (case-sensitive)

Click OK.

Click File > Exit to close the Registry Editor, and you should now be able to successfully select and use your M-Audio device.

You can again Test your device with MIDI-OX to verify that you are no longer receiving the Undefined external error.

Hope this helps all the people I have seen with related problems. Maybe I have saved Arturia many thousands of dollars with this solution!   ;D

Now I'm off to make some music and show this synth off to some legendary electronic music artists :) Hey Arturia, will you give me a sales commission?

PM me, I love to sale equipment that I believe in.

Cheers!

theworldvsme@hotmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dear BP

Greetings... well done... hope that all your hair still properly intact on ur head n u have not done pulling them out while fixing this... :-) 4get abt ur sale commission from arturia... but u hv helped many other arturia users here with ur solutions =)... thanks n cheers

Mike

BP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
You're welcome, mate. My hair is still intact :) Glad I could be of some help to people.

I know how frustrating it is dealing with excruciatingly slow to non existent help Arturia seem to provide. You would think the executives would understand it is costing them millions in sells as it does with other companies that have poor customer service.

ostra

Fixed all my issues. HUGE thanks to you, BP!

chadweiske

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thank you, major kudos bro.  8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines