March 28, 2024, 12:57:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer Bug?  (Read 3168 times)

gjerstad8@yahoo.co.uk

Sequencer Bug?
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:29 pm »
Hi,

Just wanted to know if this has been reported or if any other people have had this happen to them?

I have my MicroBrute hooked up to my DAW (Ableton) via midi and set to a specific midi channel (3 in this case) with a clip playing a bassline, but with the sequencer on the MicroBrute in 'play' mode. When starting and stopping Ableton while the sequencer on the MicrBrute is in 'play' mode it glitches quite often so the sequence starts running at a different 'rate'. I stop Ableton and the MicroBrute will then continue to play the sequence as if it has been set on 'hold' (which it hasn't). I have to turn the MicroBrute off and then switch it back on, then move the 'rate' knob to kind of reset the 'rate' parameter for it to play properly. This happens pretty regularly, enough for me to know it must be a bug of some sort.

This is a bit of a concern for me because in a live situation this would be completely catastrophic.

Anyone able to confirm this with their Micro?

I will say I do love the synth though and I hope this is just an issue that can be ironed out in a firmware release?

Cheers!

lentoNinos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequencer Bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:37 am »
I haven't had a chance to test this, but perhaps a solution for you would be to set the "Sync Source" from Auto to External in the MicroBrute connection software. It sounds like the internal clock is taking over once it stops detecting your DAW's clock.

I ran into some wonkiness with the sequencer where I was getting super high and low notes randomly. But that was in gate trigger mode advancing the sequence with the tap and not pressing any keys. It went away. I think it was user error and the sequences were just recorded at extreme ends of the scale or something... totally unrelated.

gjerstad8@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Sequencer Bug?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:26:48 am »
Thanks for the reply Lento, I'll test this tonight when I get home and let the forum know if it fixes the issue.

Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines