March 28, 2024, 07:09:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: firmware won't update - odd hold/gate behaviour  (Read 4971 times)

sabs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
firmware won't update - odd hold/gate behaviour
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:52:13 pm »
Hi,

I've got the microbrute connection working, however whenever I try to update the firmware it gives me the message "checking error - this is not a microbrute encrypted file", then proceeds to a 'checking connection with microbrute synthesizer' screen, which loads and then reverts me back to the firmware screen, with firmware 1.0.0.0 still intact.

I'm connected via usb on a mac running mavericks 10.9, the software is telling me that it's connected - and i'm able to make changes on the configuration screen.

Any ideas?

I'm having trouble understanding how certain features of the config screen function. The 'hold' function for example only seems to work when you're in the software, which seems a little backwards, is there a way of once setting this, enabling hold mode on the synth itself and not in software?

Also, I'm running a trigger/gate sequence from a modular unit into the 'gate in' on the microbrute - instead of triggering the sequencer to play, it is only playing one note. I can't seem to get the sequencer triggering from any options in the config menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sabs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: firmware won't update - odd hold/gate behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 09:07:08 pm »
I think i've worked out the cause of the gate issue:

According to the connection software manual:

Step/Gate
You can choose to advance the sequencer via the normal clock or via input to an external source via the Gate jack on the rear panel or the TAP button on the top panel.
• Clk – this is the default setting where the sequencer is played in time via the internal or MIDI clock.
• Gate – this mode will not advance the sequencer except when a gate signal is received on the Gate In or if you press the Tap button to manually advance the sequence.

Whenever I set the connection software step/gate to 'gate', and I set the sequence to 'play', it plays according to the inbuilt clock. If i'm correct, then it shouldn't play at all, and should ONLY respond to gates which i'm sending it.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: firmware won't update - odd hold/gate behaviour
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:08:44 pm »
if you have not updated the firmware, the Step/Gate option will not be handled by MicroBrute.
You need to first update.

for the update you take a look at this thread under mac:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14316.0
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines