March 19, 2024, 06:33:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Concert pitch  (Read 2806 times)

martrox

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Concert pitch
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:18:00 pm »
When playing sounds with the Minlab using Analogue Lab they do not appear to be in concert pitch like all my other instruments, can this be corrected globally - ie for all the sounds ?

Adrien

Re: Concert pitch
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:28:02 pm »
What if you use the graphical keyboard ?

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

SaintGerman

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
I have the same issue. Graphical keyb is out of tune too (half-step up). Any help?  ???

UPD: Problem solved by resizing Buffer size to 512 samples in Audio MIDI Settings of Analog Lab.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:42:46 pm by SaintGerman »

trulsn

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:10:47 am »
I had the concert pitch problem when I today got my new MINILAB and Analog Lab. The tips in this thread of setting the Audio MIDI Settings Buffer size to 512 didn't help. But fiddling around with the settings here I realized that they affected the pitch, but in a rather random manner. I believe I now have correct pitch with Windows Audio, Realtek, 512, and 48000. But if I play with a setting, like DirectSound, the I lose it. Then a way to get back to normal is to set Device to ASIO (when I have no sound) and then back to Windows Audio. What a mess! But it seems to work. So my suggestion to everyone out there with this problem. Play with the parameters in Audio MIDI settings.

For us who aren't electronic engineers it may be hard to understand that such parameters of digital communication with the computer actually change the pitch of a "musical instrument". The AnalogLab manual gives no help or clue whatsoever.

Stay tuned :-)

T

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines