April 19, 2024, 06:18:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Congratulations to Yves Usson and the Arturia team!  (Read 3104 times)

saminurmela

Congratulations to Yves Usson and the Arturia team!
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:53 pm »
I got my MicroBrute in mail today, and it's fantastic! The sound, feature set, size, all is just spot on. I've got nine full rows of euro modular (including some DIY stuff built from Yusynth schematics  ;D ), and the MicroBrute is all I need for traditional keyboard control in super small size. Also, for a light travelling set the MicroBrute and MFB MicroZwerg seems to be a perfect match.

I was a little worried about the MicroBrute's lack of DIN midi output, but as the USB host connection works with iPad, its no problem to use a small USB hub and USB-to-din midi cables for controlling other devices. Extra thank you for allowing CC control of the MicroBrute settings, a control panel was easy to cook up with iPad Midi Designer app. Have you thought of making a mobile version of the full Connection software? (not that it is really needed, but it would be handy for those of us who have moved away from computer based environment).

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Congratulations to Yves Usson and the Arturia team!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:05 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your kind words, it is nice to know that musicians are appreciating our work.
Concerning your question about a mobile version of the connection software I cannot answer, may be Bruno@arturia can give you more information.

Regards

Yves

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:37:24 am »
Yves: the microbrute and mini both are instant classic synths. The unique mix of the multi-voiced single oscillator and that wonderful filter alone are amazing. Thank you for rekindling my old interest in proper analog synthesis (I've been a software synth user for many many years now). I echo the congratulations to you and the team!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:52:04 pm »
Concerning your question about a mobile version of the connection software I cannot answer, may be Bruno@arturia can give you more information.
It's not planned for the moment.

thanks for the kind words by the way!
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

KrisM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 05:48:10 am »
Here here. I've only been playing with it for a few hours, but I love this little guy. I fully embrace it's "limitations" compared to the MiniBrute, and find it's own strengths endearing. And the build quality for something costing what it does is pretty amazing. Every knob is tight and smooth, the faders are smooth and have a good feel, and if my memory serves the mini keys feel better than the MicroKorg I had ten years ago ever did.

And it even sounds good, too ;)

Bacon

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 07:25:16 am »
Got mine yesterday and I can only agree with the previous speakers: this is a fantastic little synth!

I've been using synths since the mid 80s and have owned or used a wide variety of analog and digital synths, such as Korg Poly 800, Roland Alpha Juno 1, Akai AX60 (still have this one!), Ensoniq EPS 16+ and ASR-10, Roland Juno 106, Korg 707, and various ROMplers, but it's seldom I've had this much immediate fun right after setting a synth up for the first time.

Granted, I know much more about synthesis now than I did when I bought my first synth, but I find I can think of a sound and then set it up in a matter of seconds. Not to mention that it sounds great.

Also, I've never played a synth with mini keys before and I thought they would be horrible, but I actually find them quite playable. The keyboard is at least an octave short for actual playing though ;-) No matter, I plan to use it as a solo/lead synth with my band and I'll be playing it from a 73-key master keyboard. I see the MicroBrute more as a small module that has a tiny keyboard as a bonus. The keyboard will certainly come in handy in my home studio.

Good job, Arturia!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 10:45:09 am »
thanks for kind words.

I see the MicroBrute more as a small module that has a tiny keyboard as a bonus.
that's the way we thought it too  :)
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines