December 18, 2014, 01:33:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute Connection Available  (Read 5330 times)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
MicroBrute Connection Available
« on: November 12, 2013, 04:49:26 pm »
Microbrute Connection Software is available on our website.
Current version is 1.0.3.2
You can download it using the following link:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/microbrute/resources.html

You need to update the firmware to unlock the new features.
If you encounter a problem during update, please follow the enclosed TechNote for firmware restoration.
As you will see in the Release note, "Microsoft Windows 8.1 preview", has a known issue, that requires to apply the Technote , even on a functional Microbrute.

A random bug has been found by the first users(thanks for their feedback):
after the update, the "Step On"param is set to a random value. So some people with have it on Gate, others on Clk.
After the update, please set "Step On" option to "Clk" by hand(if it's already on Clk, switch it the gate, and back to Clk), otherwise the sequencer may not run properly in play mode

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:43:54 am by Bruno@arturia »
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

ONESUN

Re: MicroBrute Connection Available
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:19 pm »
After upgrading the firmware I can not record sequences nor are the factory ones there and I did try the reset all sequences button. I am also showing that my firmware is up to date. Do I need to reapply the firmware update? I am on a macbook pro running mavericks.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »
Did you try to power cycle the machine?
Is the tempo LED blinking?
Are you sure the Sync parameter is not set to EXT -> the sequencer will be stop until it receives a Midi clock.
Or that the "Step On" parameter is not set to Gate -> you need to provide gate signal on the Gate input jack to run the sequencer.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:56:27 pm by Bruno@arturia »
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

ONESUN

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 06:19:13 pm »
I did power cycle after updating the tempo led's are blinking. Sync parameter was set to auto and I now tried int- same issue still. Step-on was set to gate- all good now. Thanks for guiding the noob. Loving the brute so far BTW great little monster! Had tons of fun triggering it and processing audio through the filter from my NTH.

Cranium

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:40:57 am »
That gate thing got me, too. 
And the 8.1 preview issue.
Then a couple hours of solid, crazy fun.  The latching sequencer makes all the difference.  Seriously. 
I'm so glad this update came within a few days of getting my micro.
This little box is ridiculously fun and full of variety.  Unbelievable value here.
PLEASE add ties to the sequencer.  While I can think of a few "nice to haves," ties are really in the "missing feature" category. 
I love this little thing.  I need to get some stackables.  My god!  I can only imagine...

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:58:11 am »
Firmware update worked fine for me on my Mac. Connection software is great, opens up so many possibilities! Now I'm wondering if I should grab a MIDI controller and set its CCs to things like hold and sequencer options so I don't have my computer around to change these options on the fly. Anyone reading this who hasn't installed this software, go do it... doo oeeet! Now. I'll wait.  ;D

alan bg

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:06:37 pm »
Ha ! i sorted this little foible ( the random bug thing)myself before seeing this thread. Quite pleased with myself as I'm not the most 'technical' of ppl. Had my MicroBrute almost a full 24hrs and loving it. even the 'leaky' vco thing.' Where will i get a gate ? '  I thought. Then remembered the old Boss BE5 languishing under the bed has a gate, and a chorus and a delay, overdrive/distortion and a compressor ! Digital I know, but not too many bits i believe.  Nice and crunchy. talk about clouds and silver linings !

Biome Digital

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:48:12 pm »
My sequencer will not work at all! Nothing.

I have latest firmware. I have a flashing red light in sequence section. I have updated firmware again. I have set to clock and back to gate and back to clock!

I have set to AUTO and to the other 2 settings and back to auto. I have rebooted & rebooted. I have tried changing all possible setting in software and still I can get no sequence in play mode. I have reset all sequences.

I try to record notes when the record light is on and then hold a key in PLAY mode and all I get is a sustained note (as expected from no sequence).

Nothing left to try. Is my sequencer broken?

Biome Digital

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 04:00:03 pm »
Additional information:

it appears I can record sequences because I can save them from the software and open the midi files in my DAW. But nothing I do will get the microbrute to play a sequence. Is it possible my microbrute will not switch into play mode? 

AlkuwariFM

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »
Oh i just notice there is update for MicroBrute :) Sweet, i updated the firmware and checked the Sequencer all working fine and loving it more now. 

Caalamus

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 01:42:35 am »
Microbrute Connection Software is available on our website.
Current version is 1.0.3.2
You can download it using the following link:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/microbrute/resources.html

This link is no good, please advise.

Would like to use the Microbrute Connection Software.
Also would like to register my new Microbrute. This website won't accept my serial number? :[

darkflow

• Apprentice
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 05:08:17 pm »
they changed their website. New link is here: http://www.arturia.com/microbrute/resources

Still the same flawed firmware from a year ago though. Good Luck.

Edit: The "Check Update" link in Connection Editor is also using the old broken link.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:55:45 pm by darkflow »
soundcloud.com/timcapelle

Caalamus

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 10:05:15 pm »
they changed their website. New link is here: http://www.arturia.com/microbrute/resources...

Thanks, but... am I missing something? That's only the firmware & manuals.

I want the "connection software" so I can edit MIDI capabilities. ( or do I? Almost seems like, since I have a good, working MicroBrute... perhaps I should leave well enough alone! All this stuff I read scares me! :P )

Caalamus

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 10:17:00 pm »
they changed their website. New link is here: http://www.arturia.com/microbrute/resources...

Oh!

Hahahaha!

The "Connection Software" isn't listed... but it's INSIDE the .zip with the Firmware. Silly for not checking.

Thank you for your nudge :]

darkflow

• Apprentice
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 12:12:20 am »
Glad you found it :) I didn't mean to scare you :P Connection Editor is very useful! It's just that the LFO's aren't phased properly in the current firmwares, and when you DO upgrade the firmware, go back and check all the settings in Connection Editor because if I recall correctly it changed my settings on me and made sequencer not work until i switched it back to the way it was.

cheers
soundcloud.com/timcapelle

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines