March 29, 2024, 01:51:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: weird folders in sound library  (Read 6295 times)

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
weird folders in sound library
« on: November 11, 2013, 08:36:29 am »
hey folks,

i got the expansion packs EDM, Dubstep, Hollywood and Hip Hop a few days ago. now i have some weird folders in my library.
i don't know how to describe propperly... so when i want to load a new instrument, i push the Inst. button on the spark. then the list opens where i can chose the different instruments. on the left side, where i can chose between snare drum, hihat, synth and so on, there a suddenly new categorys which are simply named "01", "02", "03" and so on. the folders are all empty.

i looked up in the folder where i installed the library, to delete them. but i can't find those folders.

how can i get those folders out of my library?

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: weird folders in sound library
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:19:55 am »
About 2 weeks ago I bought miniLabs and SparkLE and so far I have no been able to use them and I have recieved no support from Arturia other than a few autoreply emails.

I installed and registerd SparkLE v1.6 becasue that is the version on the disk that came with the hardware. At this stage it worked until I tried to use it in my DAW, which is Mixcraft 6.

I them updated the software to version 1.7.1 because that is what the manual instructed me to do and becasue the update had fixes for some of the many DAW issues out there. I then got an "Unsupported sampling rate" message and the software didn't work. It worked with 1.6 so why not now I ask? I will try changing the sampling rate on my sound card directly tonight but that is not really the point, I should be able to do it in the software or it should do it automatically. When I go to the SparkLE midi controller software it crashes almost instantly and is completely useless.

I though bugger this I'll just go back to 1.6 because that worked right? WRONG? Reverting to the previous version just made the sound distored and crap.

Im running an Alienware computer destop, Windows 7, 8 gigs of RAM, quad core processor, Nvidia sound card etc etc. Its not like Im using BSD or AIX unix for anything. Seriously wtf?

Anyway I contacted Arturia several times and all I get is auto-replys and some vague email telling me to upgrade to the latest version, clearly showing me that they do not read their emails because I had already stated that this had been done. Again wtf? So now I have two paper weights and a hole in my bank account where my midi gear should have been. All my projects are on hold until I get some help.

My boss reakons I should go MAC and all these problems will go away but I hadn't really planned on forking out 1500 bux on a new computer.

Cheers
Tim

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:40:54 am »
Hi guys,
@jay, can you send a screenshot? What version of Spark are you using?
@tim: I will right now go int the support office to tell them to answer you.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:14:38 pm »
i'm using Spark 1.7.1

here's the screenshot

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:09:59 am »
@Kevin

They contacted me, called me Helen even though I signed my name Tim, told me to upgrade to the latest version ..... again..... The analyst told me to answer him directly. His name was David. I did and I never heard from him again.

Arturia support is non-existant.

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:44 am »
i'm using Spark 1.7.1

here's the screenshot
Did you try the 1.7.2 beta?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 09:06:35 am »
@Kevin

They contacted me, called me Helen even though I signed my name Tim, told me to upgrade to the latest version ..... again..... The analyst told me to answer him directly. His name was David. I did and I never heard from him again.

Arturia support is non-existant.

Hi Tim,
so did you try the 1.7.2?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »
Yeah I tried 1.7.2 for sparkLE. It is better so far but as you pointed out, it doesn't work in mixcraft 6.

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:32 am »
sorry i had a lot of stuff going on the last days. i'll try the beta version today and let you know if it worked. otherwise, can i somehow delete the folders in the library or something?
i realy don't know where they come from and how to get rid of them...

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 08:39:10 am »
no. updated to 1.7.2 and these folders are stil there... so maybe a reinstalation would help.

when i deinstall spark, are my own songs and pattern also deleted? should i export them before or are they saved somewhere on the pc?

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:02:05 am »
And if you click on one of these filters you have nothing in the list?
Try to select only one of these filters and unselect all the others.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 01:14:37 pm »
And if you click on one of these filters you have nothing in the list?
Try to select only one of these filters and unselect all the others.

Kevin

i tried that allready. they are allways there. when i set the filter on one of these folders, they are all empty and theres nothing to chose on the right side of the window.

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 01:50:59 pm »
It's really weird.
There might be a corrupted project in your Spark Library.
One thing you can try is to remove your user project from the Spark Library and relaunch Spark.
Backup all the content and the User folder then delete it.
Then add one by one all your user project and check which one is the source of the problem.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 11:41:40 pm »
ok finaly i got the time to check this problem. and i found out where it comes from  :)

there wasn't only one project, where those folders were. they were allways in projects, where i worked with spark-library samples, where i cut a piece out of the sample. for example a longer synth-sound where i cut off the end so that the sample is only a short one-hit. after saving this project, spark makes a new instrument out of the sample. instead of "synth" it gets a number. I corrected now all the samples and the folders are gone. but that seems to be a failure somewhere in the program. maybe you can check this? I'm running on v.1.7.2. I'm not sure but i believe i made those projects in standalone mode.

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 09:14:33 am »
Hi,
do you remember from where you start when you did this project?
I mean, did you create a new empty project or start from an existing one?
Are you able to reproduce the issue with the current beta?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines