October 24, 2014, 04:49:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Note hold issue with gate out to gate in  (Read 42 times)

wallofnoise9

• Apprentice
Note hold issue with gate out to gate in
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:37 am »
I have a Microbrute. Everything works fine on it except for one particular hardware function. I want to be able to filter and modify the audio without holding down a key. I used the 1/8" jack from gate out to gate in, as mentioned in the FAQ, but for some reason it does not work. The note always cuts off when I lift my finger off. Is there something I am not doing or doing incorrectly? Is it an issue with either the gate in or gate out input jacks? Will a firmware update fix this issue?

Has anyone else had this issue?

wallofnoise9

• Apprentice
Re: Note hold issue with gate out to gate in
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »
Here is an example of what I am talking about. I want to be able to sustain the note without having to connect to a computer to enable the hold function in the control software.

In this video, the person has the gate out to gate in plugged in, is using a 1/4" jack out, and a headphone out as well. http://vimeo.com/80525576

Anyone?

stevoj@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:23:49 pm »
Easy.  Ensure that the VCA control is set to 'Gate'.  Then press a key.

wallofnoise9

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:54:19 pm »
Tried that already :(
Still doesn't work

wallofnoise9

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 04:04:26 pm »
Is there anything I nust do before enabling the gate? Maybe I have to plug in and then switch on the gate, or switch on the gate and then plug in the cable?

stevoj@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:18 pm »
No, should work whether plugs are inserted before or after power-up or changing that VCA switch.  Are you 100% sure that your patch lead is OK? If so, then it is likely to be a problem with either the gate input or output socket.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines