March 29, 2024, 10:00:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: THE FIX LIST, MINILAB WITH BIG ISSUES: THINGS THAT MUST BE ADDRESSED  (Read 10250 times)

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi David,

I find it disappointing that you would not address the real issue behind jdmmade concerns and comments. Is there a reason why the issue is being skirted? There are a lot of us that are wanting for someone from Arturia to come forward and reassure us that you are working on these problems. I see that a lot a people complain a lot on this forum only to be ignored by Arturia.

I invite you to publicly respond to the real issue here and give us an honest answer.

edpdx
 http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

s

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: THE FIX LIST, MINILAB WITH BIG ISSUES: THINGS THAT MUST BE ADDRESSED
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:26:55 am »
Thanks for having my back bud.  By the way edpdx I listened to some of your tunes and they have that awesome retro 70s/80s feel.  Just great.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:09:36 pm »
I opened a ticket last night and was contacted for more information which I have sent so I cannot share the same support experience you have

I haven't owned the minilab for any amount of time so I cannot comment on much apart from first feel and that's the build quality is good for a micro and the setup was simple including the firmware update

I have experienced problems mainly non fatal crashing in Cubase where it is asking to be restarted and reopened and this is my main issue and seems to happen when auditioning presets

As for cpu usage I have had 7 single instances open on a midi file and it used 25% max so I haven't got a problem with that

It is also really loud and I need to turn the channel vol down to minus 14 when going though presets the variance between presets is difficult to deal with when auditioning

I have also had instances when the dials increase when turning anti clockwise it is strange im sure they know

Have you actually had it working because when its behaving it sounds great

I urge you to work with arturia on concentrated issues you have

Goon

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »
Kickwizard. No offense, but people here having been telling Arturia for months the same problems with the minilab especially in its Ableton Live performance and uncontrolability with the encoders, without any solutions.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 06:57:34 pm »
No offence taken to be honest im not overjoyed I asked if it actually functioned because until i dropped my latency down it didn't for me it crashed and spat and  popped and clicked cpu spiked etc

I can understand the frustration about the controllers jumping and going the wrong way I had it do it in Cubase and standalone

I read the forum and posted and after reflection decided it wasnt the correct way to report an issue and deleted as I hadn't opened a ticket and reported the fault with as much info as possible

I was urging new users to do the same if they have issues I believe this is more effective way of gauging all the issues

With the encoders whatever daw if there set to absolute mode and a preset has been mapped do they still not function correctly ?

Goon

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:02:44 pm »
Believe me, many tickets have been submitted and remain unresolved. My original ticket was submitted way back in July, and still unresolved, its got to the point where I will not buy Arturia products ever again, and will stick to the 'bigger' boys, as their customer service is spot on, especially Roland, whom respond within 24hours everytime, wether its tech support or just asking a question.
and the encoders problem is widespread and makes the minilab unusable in Ableton Live, and Arturia's script and latest firmware make no difference. minilab now gathering dust under my Roland Gaia..

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 09:50:11 pm »
One of things I was trying to find out if the minilab is set up as a default controller in absolute mode if it functions with lab or other vst's (I don't know what support there is for relative mode)

Also if im not mistaken relative mode is something I have encounted with hardware like mixers for instance but never seen it intergrated with software as I have only started recently getting back into music production cant think of a synth that Ive used with velocity type controller with a software front panel

I suppose you want to use your roland and then use the minilab to control ableton or other vsts or both and having to use the roland for a controller which answers my question it doesn't work as a default controller for example using midi learn

I need to read up about midi again and will try and use it with some vsts Im not that positive about though from the posts im reading

I will be honest I was just trying to see what the situation is and anyone had anymore info

I don't disbelieve you its just I find it difficult to believe that it cant even be used as a default midi controller

I don't understand what the encoders are is it the conversion to binary like gray code ?

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 11:35:43 pm »
Hi KickWizard,

The real issue here is Arturia's lack of involvement in the forums regarding the many ongoing issues with the keyboard. Many of us did open up tickets, but many of the problems persist. I also invite you to read many of the post and see for yourself,the ongoing problems with this product.

Would like to point out that this is a great product and there is nothing like it out there for the price, in my opinion. 

Edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

Goon

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 11:46:25 pm »
Fixwizard....try using the minilab in ableton and turn the knobs...you will quickly see how truly awful it is ..

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 12:29:51 am »
I don't disbelieve you Ill get the trial and set it up though if you think I should as i don't have it

I can assure I cant use this at the moment as it is, so all is not good i want it usable like you all do

My Komplete says its fine on its own benchtest at 44100 256 samples 2ms usb buffer 11.2 ms latency

I think they should change the min specs though not sure what multicore means surely not dual core

2gb ram must be free because W7 uses 2+ gigs before you start your daw

One core for windows one for the daw one for the AL and how about some effects i make that 4

So you must be looking at a 4+ core 6gb ram min and a decent sound module

Im not saying the problems peoples workstations but i cant see it running on dual core with 2gb ram either

The ableton scripts on the download page
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:45:18 am by kickwizard »

Goon

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 09:16:14 am »
Potentially they have a great product, but its ruined by poor implementation, and extremely poor tech/customer service.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 11:00:47 am »
Tried ableton 9 trial when it starts it overwrites the script to the default don't know if this is trial only or it doesn't like something within the script,  plus side reading the script I learned a little more

LinearBinaryOffset = relative

Earlier I overwrote the preset 2 to absolute, problem with this I cant download the presets again so I had to reflash the firmware to get the original presets back again so you need to make sure you backup all the original presets

I going to check out the pre release MCC hopefully you can see what the preset has already and edit not just flash straight over with the template

Edit: In the current version the preset loads what preset is currently selected to select a different preset and check the values you need to exit MCC and change preset and restart MMC if that makes any sense

I going to try and setup a vst in Cubase without acceleration in absolute and see how that works out
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:05:21 pm by kickwizard »

Goon

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »
thing is Arturia have known about this for months the knob issues in Ableton are well documented, there is no accuracy or control with them..
They just ignore them.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 03:11:36 pm »
The current mmc doesn't default correctly the program sets it for absolute when it should be in relaitive they have fixed it in the pre release version for anyone who doesn't know

I have reset default 2 to factory default relative and set acceleration to med and in standalone works great so far

Flashing the firmware doesn't overwrite the presets (I did) ::)

Adrien

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »
Hello

There are several issues here, that are all been looked by Arturia. And I 'm sorry for the trouble.
However it is a bit hard to anwer in a post talking about various issues.

For the encoder issues, a fix have been made in the firmware to solve this.
So maybe you are talking about a different problem.

Could you be precise about this problem?
Is it with analog lab, or just in general as midi controler?
Is it in relative or absolute or both modes?
what version of the firware?
Did you use the original mmc or new pre release mcc?

Maybe, if you can, you could record a midi track by turning an encoder slowly from 0 to 127 so we can see the problem more clearly.

I will pass this case to people who can check this.
(again, I insist but it is easyier to separate issues into precise topic, or sometime we thing the issue is already solved)

best

PS our offices are closed until next tuesday
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:16:56 pm by Adrien »
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines