March 19, 2024, 09:33:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unusable slow sluggish plugins when the GUI is open!  (Read 2020 times)

Kye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Unusable slow sluggish plugins when the GUI is open!
« on: October 29, 2013, 04:27:25 pm »
Hi

Firstly, I have a 6 core Mac Pro (3.33GHz) with 24GB of Ram
Secondly, I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.8 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Thirdly, All Arturia plugins are 64bit and the very latest builds including the eLicenser

Since purchasing the V-Collection back in 2011 I've had problems with crashing and everything grinding to an absolute crawl with plugins and DAW becoming totally unresponsive.

When I open many of the V Collection GUI's the system grinds to a standstill with the spinning beachball, every attempt at tweaking parameters is virtually impossible with GUI's unable to respond with the spinning beachball of death.  Whilst the GUI is open, the Logics play head freezes, and Logic also becomes totally unresponsive. If Analog Laboratory is open it always ends with Logic crashing especially when trying to navigate through presets.

I'm posting here in the Analog Laboratory section as this is the worst offender out of the V Collection, although it's fair to say the whole V Collection is inherent with bugs and makes Logic unresponsive and sluggish.

The support I've received over the years from Arturia is pathetic, not one of my complaints has been resolved; after weeks of emails back and forth asking the same stupid lame questions "if I've updated to newer versions" even though I have always made a point of starting every technical complaint with the version or build numbers, eventually Arturia gives up and the replies stop.

This problem has been going on now since 2009 and it seems Arturia is unable to resolve these issues, is anyone else suffering the same fate as myself using Logic Pro?

Thanks for reading, reply if you're in the same boat!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines