March 19, 2024, 10:51:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: multi tracks are only playing the lower split  (Read 2947 times)

DNK

multi tracks are only playing the lower split
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:35:25 pm »
Could anybody help, please :) / Had anyone such a problem?

After creating several multitracks (saved) and having a successful performance, I was amazed, that the multitrack didnīt work anymore.

None of the 12 multitracks played more than the lower track (in the limits of their prefixed zones), neither the Origin was able to make sound the new multitrack - upper level (levels). There are no mutes on, rebooting doesnīt help.

Today i tryed to put several tones together without the zones, the synth played only the first one.

What could be the problem? 

Hoping to get the help ....

Diana

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: multi tracks are only playing the lower split
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:18:20 pm »

Hi Diana,

can you save an .ogs file of the multi you are working with and post it here? There are many different settings that could be affecting this and being able to load the same multi you are using would save a lot of time.

But a couple of questions
- for audio out, are you using the individual (1-8) outputs or the stereo L/R output?

- are you using Origin Keyboard or Origin module?

- are you controlling the multi from an external MIDI sequencer or keyboard? if so, remember that each zone usually is set to a different MIDI channel (unless you set the zones to use the same channel).

- Also, if you are using a MIDI sequencer with this multi, but also using Origin's internal sequencer - I have had issues with the Hold button state not being saved with the Sequence, so every time I load a program with an internal sequence that needs Hold on, I have to manually switch it on again before a performance.

Thx
Paul

DNK

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:27 am »
Thanks!

You solved my problem with your first question  :) Banal case, but somebody had put output connection wrong way in auxiliary panel. I was misled, cause I m used to hear no sound at all, if the output connection is not ok :)   

Yes, thatīs Origin Keyboard, and stereo output :) I m working in a school studio, and i m sharing it with others.

I like your music at soundcloud :)

Diana

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:17 pm »
thankyou Diana!  8)

just curious - what kind of a school do you work at, that has a luxury synth like the Origin in its studio?? :o
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:51:37 pm by hermitnerd »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines