March 28, 2024, 03:53:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: | Arturia Musical Instruments | MiniLab Petition - Signing Required  (Read 5947 times)

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia Musical Instruments is a prime example of how a software/hardware company is completely oblivious and negligent towards not only their consumer base but their community as well. I have set up a petition that explains and shows how they have been reacting or should I say not reacting towards people who have put down hard earned cash. A product that promised to deliver but has failed to do so.

Anyone who owns this product or has owned it in the past will know what I am talking about. This issue doesn't just reside in their MiniLab or MiniBrute series. There are multiple factors to this and different products which suffer from these annoying glitches and bugs. I have owned two products from this company and both have failed to deliver. The MiniBrute and the MiniLab. Frédéric Brun and Gilles Pommereuil (owners) seem to be stuck in their own reality, acting as if nothing has happened or at worse just ignoring these issues.

http://www.change.org/petitions/arturia-musical-instruments-this-petition-requests-fixes-that-pertain-to-arturia-s-hardware-and-software-the-encoders-and-software-are-severely-unstable-regardless-of-the-recent-updates-this-problem-has-been-neglected-for-almost-a-year

Please sign this petition so that our voices could be heard. This issue has been pushed back and ignored for too long. Considering how quick the company is eager to take our money but fail to provide a functional product is completely and utterly ridiculous. The real question and concern here is, why is a product that doesn't function still being sold in the USA/EU/Asia etc.?

This is fraud to the highest extent throughout multiple continents.

Signing this will get the right coverage, and getting a piece of mind.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:38:54 am by jdmmade »

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: | Arturia Musical Instruments | MiniLab Petition - Signing Required
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:49:03 pm »
The first sign was made!  Only 99 people to go!  If possible spread this and make minilab purchasers aware.

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:15:52 pm »
Hey Jd,

I applaud what you are trying to do. I have been frustrated as hell with the many problems that surround this product. And with the almost non-existing support from Arturia.

I suspect that they released this product on a tight deadline thinking that they could just solve the problems as they went along. On top of that they are showing poor planning, software coding and leadership.

I will sign the petition. Hopefully they will listen and fix this problem. In addition we can send a message to other companies, so that they think twice in shelling out inferior products.

edpdx
http://macjams.com/song/74945

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:25:49 pm »
Thanks bud I really appreciate that!  I mean how much more ridiculous can this situation get.  The community here almost feels like it's on its last breath!  Why are they still SELLING a product that doesn't even function?!  While these guys are sucking up the money from their microbrute sales???  Not on my damn watch.  The companies will be notified don't you worry about that part.  The best thing we could do here is send out this petition let software companies know, or just to submit this to some VST/Hardware news sites or blogs.  So it gets the proper coverage.  Maybe even dropping the petition into a couple of Pro-audio forums.  Lets just be frank here Frédéric Brun and Gilles Pommereuil, you stole our money and thought you could walk away.  I will say this again, NOT ON MY DAMN WATCH.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:46:00 pm by jdmmade »

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 12:21:43 am »
Hey Jd,

You are welcome. believe me, I am very frustrated about their lack of interest and on this issue. I have started two forum posts under the title "should companies be held liable for buggy software?" in two different musician websites.

Here are the links. Would appreciate it if you chime in on those forums. BTY! Those sites are awesome places to get your music reviewed and a cool place to hang out.

http://macjams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=23;showtopic=270832
http://www.icompositions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=126038#126038

Thanks
edpdx
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:27:11 am by edpdx »

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 01:00:42 am »
Hey jd,

Do not forget that major music stores sell this product, like Guitar Center, Sweetwater, Sam Ash and among others. You can also leave a review on product!

edpdx

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:06:41 am »
Thanks for the info I just posted on icomposition but they are censoring.

I am currently waiting approval at MacJams.  Even though I own a PC :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:27:31 am by jdmmade »

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 02:55:05 am »
Hey jd,

It is strange that icompositons is censoring you! I will check on that. Macjams welcomes everyone regardless of platform or operating system. I do to have a PC.

Let me know!
edpdx

Goon

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:57:47 am »
Done...

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:29:14 am »
Much appreciated bud, we definitely need more signatures though.  Please anyone who owns the MiniLab don't shy away, because some of us do want our moneys worth even though some of you may see it as no point.  Later on it could blossom to a usable product.  You never know.

Z3Nchasr

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »
I've just signed the petition as well. After having used the MiniLab at an Arturia event booth I was excited to get one myself as it would've been just what I was looking for. However since then I've returned the initial unit ordered and today find that the same issues persist...I guess it's return #2 and a refund in my future. I'm a bit aggravated by this after waiting on the order to arrive, trying to install, processing the return, trying to install AGAIN!! After the good things I've heard of Arturia's products not to mention being a first time customer all I can say is...Seriously Arturia, your customer service is no better than this!?  ???

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 01:41:06 am »
Dear Z3Nchasr,

I know exactly how you feel.  You receive the unit and you have a great excitement and expectation to hear those analog sounds but come to find out the excitement gets completely shot down.  This is exactly how I felt.  I owned a minibrute and minilab both seemed to have major issues (one completely stopped functioning).  Let me guess it is like even though that 2nd order is arriving you're like, "I don't even want to use it any more".  I personally could not return my minilab due to the license that was used.  I was bummed out.  Thanks for signing the petition I really hope everything you ask for gets resolved.  If this was my company, I would really try my best to satisfy my customers.  I would also hire some really skilled Russian programmers to rewrite the drivers and resolve the existing CPU spikes and bugs that Analog Lab spews out.  The VST needs a severe revamp.  Personally I think that arturia has used preexisting code from their keylab series and applied it to the minilab.  Recycled code with holes basically.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:58:54 am by jdmmade »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines