March 28, 2024, 09:31:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE Pitch change in Ableton  (Read 3272 times)

gary5

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SparkLE Pitch change in Ableton
« on: October 27, 2013, 08:58:43 pm »
I just recorded a drum track in ableton. It's a drum loop and the second time it plays the pitch changes to a high clangy sound and then goes back to the normal sound. Any advice on random pitch changes on playback?

Thanks,
G

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: SparkLE Pitch change in Ableton
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:21:07 pm »
Is there any automation on the pitch parameter?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

gary5

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:06 pm »
No there's no automation. Just the preset sound of the drumulator. Here's a youtube link I posted where you can hear the issue: http://youtu.be/m2I8UXhufrk

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:24:38 pm »
Hi i had a look and the pitch is on somewhere did you check the pitch button off in the sequencer (see screenshot). if it is check ableton pitch is not been record in the track.
it sounds like the snare is pitching

regards

terry
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

gary5

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 01:24:12 pm »
Thanks Terry for the screen shot and info. I checked and there's no pitch or modulation added. I did notice that when I run two midi tracks of Spark at the same time in Ableton it seems to overload and max out the playback. Is that an issue with spark in ableton? Can you play two different tracks of spark at the same time? Would it cause cpu overage? I can do that with other vst's and there's no issue. Is there a setting I need to change so I don't get that overload playback issue?

I have an iMac intel
Processor 3.06 GHZ Intel Core i3
4GB ram.
OSX 10.8.5
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:53:28 pm by gary5 »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »
Hi gary looking at your spec i would say that loading 2 sparks in live on your system will overload the cpu, you need to up your ram a bit also this will improve performance. with output load if you load any two instrument or samples for that matter will increase output by 3db if you want to run 2x sparks turn down the levels on both by 3db to stop clipping the output.

hope his helps

regards

terry
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines