May 23, 2015, 02:08:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: switch between minibrute [arpeggiator] and minibrute se [sequencer] using sysex  (Read 111 times)

bartleby

i know this has already been mentioned in this thread and in this thread, but i think it might be worth a thread of its own:

on his minibrute hacking site, yves has explained how you can easily switch any minibrute between the regular brute's arpeggiator and the se's sequencer just by sending a short sysex string:

Except for the external look, the only difference between a vanilla and a SE depends on a small string of  commands written to the EPROM of the microprocessor. The hardware and the firmware (1.0.3.23 or greater) are the same. Therefore in order to have your machine behaving like a vanilla or SE it's up to you to send a short SysEx command to your MiniBrute. [...]

Vanilla to SE
Here is the SysEx command: F0 00 20 6B 04 01 75 01 3E 01 F7 

SE to vanilla
Here is the SysEx command:  F0 00 20 6B 04 01 46 01 3E 00 F7

apparently, you have to reboot your brute after sending one of those commands, and that's it.
i can't try this myself, as i sold my mini some time ago and got two micros instead - but this might make me get a mini again...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:57:37 am by bartleby »

dog01

• Apprentice
it works i have already tried it both ways. having sequencer on the mini is great :) next thing to try is to map the sysex commands to a midi control so you could switch in a live situation. thanks arturia and to ever work this out now we just need need midi out support for arp and sequencer and a polybrute 5 voice minum around $1500 please arturia make it so   

Tom_1970

• Apprentice
I am working on a template for TB-Midi Stuff which will in essence be a iPad version of the connection app.
I made buttons with the sysex commands and that worked fine.
I can easily switch to the sequencer and arpeggiator.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines