March 29, 2015, 08:25:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Integration of Spark 2.0 in FL studio 11  (Read 68 times)

Blanco_Beats

Integration of Spark 2.0 in FL studio 11
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:54:30 pm »
Dear Spark users,

I've recently bought Spark and I'm planning to go in depth with it. However one of the first things I couldn't figure out is how to integrate Spark 2.0 with FL studio 11. I've got it to work, but it still seems more of an independent entity within FL, if you know what I mean. I can make patterns in Spark, it all works, I can sequence them into a song in Spark etc. and do seem to grasp that. However I don't understand how I can then use all this within the FL studio pattern sequencer.

So far I've found some bypass by using piano roll within a pattern. Here, every note becomes one of the sounds of the pads from Spark. I have to write down which note corresponds to which sound because for some reason it isn't shown. But when that's done, I can create different patterns in FL itself and then sequence them. All the other options from Spark still work here, I mean I can tweak and tune every sound in the studio section in Spark. But it seems like a wrong shortcut, I'm sure I'm missing something.

Oh I forgot to mention that I only use the software. No hardware midi controller added as of yet :)

Thanks in advance

PS: Is there any section on this forum where one can learn how to make patches in the modular section of Spark ? I would learn quickest from examplse I think. So I can observe how a typical snare or kick is patched and then try to make my own.

CC4

• Beta-testers
    • http://home.cogeco.ca/~cc4/
Re: Integration of Spark 2.0 in FL studio 11
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:33:23 am »
It is my understanding that you cannot record MIDI information generated from a plugin from within FL Studio.  That's why the Spark preferences "Send MIDI from Sequencer" and "Send MIDI from Pads" are not very useful inside FL Studio.  You cannot build a song inside Spark's Song Panel, play it back, and have FL Studio directly record the MIDI information into an empty piano roll.

Now, I have done that in a different sequencer and then imported the MIDI track into FL Studio.  Another workaround is to use a virtual MIDI port which sends the MIDI out and then back into FL Studio and allows you to record that MIDI information into an empty piano roll in the Playlist.  It's a bit convoluted, but it works.  Of course, you can build a song in Spark and then record an audio track in FL Studio which allows you to do all the cool FX Live Pad effects.  I prefer to do the mix much later though.

So the best way I've found to use Spark inside FL Studio is to create the patterns inside Spark and then go through the tedious task of drag & dropping each individual MIDI pattern from Spark into FL Studio's individual patterns.  If you like working with FL Studio's patterns panel, then that's great way to go.

I'd prefer to just record the entire Spark MIDI track once in FL Studio, but it would be nice if Image-Line and/or Arturia made that capability a bit easier.  (Unless I'm overlooking something).  I was curious how others are using Spark inside FL Studio.

p140982

• Apprentice
Re: Integration of Spark 2.0 in FL studio 11
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:39:36 pm »
You can record and automate fx from spark into FL

You have to assign  spark to a midi channel.
Now when you Create a pattern for the midi channel, drag and drop the pattern from spark into the midi channel pattern.
It then copy's it all the notes in the correct place.

When you want to record and edit FX automation just simply have spark playing a blank bank pattern, it will then read your FL pattern and enable you to record what ever fx you use on the fx pad

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines