March 19, 2024, 03:21:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-Collection issues "Unable to save settings"  (Read 4750 times)

Ultimeter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V-Collection issues "Unable to save settings"
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »
I keep getting an error that I see by the forum here goes back quite a ways but no one I can see has addressed it. I keep getting the following for the standalone's in V-Collection.
standalone - Unable to save settings.  An error occurred when trying to save the application's settings file...  In order to save and restore its settings, standalone needs to be able to write to the following files:  C:\Program Data\Arturia\arp2600v2\standalone.settings  Make sure that these files aren't read-only, and that the disk isn't full.   

I have not been able to find a workaround on this and would appreciate some help.  In addition, during the installation there did not appear to be any way to seperate the plug-ins from the sample libraries.  Makes it tough on my 240 gig SSD as far as using up space.  All my others let you choose your VST plug-in file folder and allow you to put the samples on a separate drive.  Which is what my 600 gig Velociraptor is for.  Did I miss something during the install?

Thank you to anyone with a reply.  Ulti

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
Re: V-Collection issues "Unable to save settings"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »
I've just had a look and the actual preferences file is:

C:\ProgramData\Arturia\ARP2600 V2\ARP200V2.prefs

I don't get an error message myself, are you using the latest version 2.5.3? I would try re-installing first but you could also try copying and renaming this file to the location/name in the error message.

In V-Collection there is only Spark that uses samples as far as I know, and you can choose the location of them in the installer :) I have mine on drive G

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines