March 28, 2024, 11:56:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature request - Add "rest" to arp\sequencer  (Read 2607 times)

shoggoth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Feature request - Add "rest" to arp\sequencer
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »
In the "secret" arp mode (Arp on Hold, hold down key, turn off Arp and turn back to hold while holding key), would it be possible to add a "rest" option to skip a note for that beat? Maybe something like pressing both octave buttons, or an octave button and a key at the same time?

Interested to see what the microbrute offers as a sequencer as well...

ChuckL

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature request - Add "rest" to arp\sequencer
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 02:42:23 am »
The Microbrute has a rest input and 8 sequencer tracks. They're not going to put that on the Minibrute, because that would make said features not unique to the Microbrute.

lentoNinos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:33:44 am »
Ugh. I'm just gonna unload my mini and get a micro i guess.  :'( I really thought they would do more with the minibrute firmware..

shoggoth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:09:58 pm »
I would be surprised (also annoyed) if they didnt add some more sequencer type function (rest and transpose, please!) - if they didnt, I would expect to hear there was some kind of hardware limitation.

Even if the Minibrute had some extra sequencer features, the Microbrute would still have the edge with 8 different sequences with up to 64 notes (if I heard right).   

shoggoth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »
Doing some detective work, I found that Yves posted on the anafrog forum (here: http://forum.anafrog.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6151&p=182503#p182503) that this would be included in the next update.

lentoNinos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:16:13 pm »
from: http://en.audiofanzine.com/analog-synth/arturia/microbrute/editorial/r eviews/microbrute-review.html

"While the MiniBrute features an arpeggiator, the MicroBrute has a note sequencer that can be programmed step by step. According to the manufacturer, it is only a matter of the MiniBrute evolving rapidly in that sense via OS updates."

Hopefully we get full sequencer functionality with no pattern save, or one pattern save, or some patterns. I guess we have a few weeks to wait for the new firmware to find out. I just want transposable sequencing.

bartleby

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 04:41:10 am »
and not just rest, but also tie/legato, please!
just like it is on the 101. that's the standard, no need to deviate from it...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines