March 29, 2024, 07:44:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Analog Lab works far better as a stand-alone than a vst plug-in!  (Read 3773 times)

Charles Den-Baars

I bought the Analog Lab on Oct. 14th and it stupidly didn't come with a e-licenser.  So i installed  it without one, and it worked ok for about a day and a half.  Then major problems!  All my DAWs are set to use ASIO, and they work fine after finding the right buffer size to set.  Minilab works like shit using it but ok with Windows audio drivers.  Mini lab seems to work ok as a stand-alone, but try using it in Fruity Loops studio... whoa, very frustrating!  First of all, when first setting up all the cool synths i want to use from it, it sounds ok.  Then i close FL and open it up again only minutes later, it says that it can't find it as a vst3 plugin, but after clicking on the try again tab 3 x it opens up but all the Arturia sounds are so very quiet it they can't be heard over the drums and other vst sounds!  And on the Live tab preferences it shows they aren't detected, even though i can hear them, it says it is bridged.  I got the damn e-licenser, uninstalled and re-installed Arturia and even got a new activation code... and nothing is fixed at all... same problem!  I found 1 way to get around that, export the FL tracks 1 by 1 into Sonar, and crank the Analog lab sound volumes way up.  Or work on as much of your track as possible before you shut down FL, then export it into Sonar, then the volumes are normal!  And of course, Guitar Center won't let me return it, i am stuck with it!  But, it is a joy to use the awesome Jupiter 8 and CS-80 and other synths (while they work at all...)

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia Analog Lab works far better as a stand-alone than a vst plug-in!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:37 pm »
I hear ya! I am also running Sonar and have many issues with the keyboard. I now use it just as a midi controller and forgotten that it has knobs and other features that should be working.

I think that Arturia has so many other products that they rather focus on, rather that fix this $99 problem.

edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines