March 28, 2024, 08:59:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Filter mode knob doesn't work  (Read 30946 times)

xanderhing

Re: Filter mode knob doesn't work
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 11:52:04 pm »
I have opened a ticket to report a faulty Filter Mode switch on 1 July: Case 290315
I have not heard back from Arturia.

Has anyone had any luck with replacing the Filter mode switch?
Can a part be purchased for this? If so, what is the part number?

xanderhing

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »
Jerome from Arturia responded to this query.

The replacement filter knob/rotary switch can be purchased at Mouser Electronics, part:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Taiwan/SR1712F-0204-20F0A-N9-N-027/?qs=%2fha2pyFadujuSFdWxZdTftuAGiL2g07YstDMm4YthCtPhOR3DkdiOMsw6dF8rLoU2%2fYrf1MZAoa%2fEkHsKO2s21d9EnSZgSAeyStxqqgPsOdf%2fz4gkJ2MF%2fqQlPkQ%252bekI

If you're based in NYC, Main Drag Music is pretty much the only place that is willing to replace it.

Main Drag Music
330 Wythe Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11249
www.maindragmusic.com

aaronsim.92

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 09:59:43 am »
Oh no...I'm facing the same issue with my Minibrute  :'(
Have any of you guys managed to fix it?

virusX

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 04:05:11 pm »
I have the same issue on my Minibrute and it's because of a faulty Filter Mode knob.
Arturia answered my message, opened a ticket and exchanged two emails with me to make a correct diagnosis.
They're sending me a Filter Mode knob today.
The process took 4 business days so I'm really happy, almost impressed, with customer support (in France btw).

EDIT: received my knob in less than one week and soldered it.
It was not very difficult except that I found the solder on the clamps of the defective knob (not the connection pins) to be resistant at less than 30W.
Everything is working fine now
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:18:57 pm by virusX »

leighmarble

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 08:11:44 pm »
I've had my Minibrute since 2013, and just had this happen today for the first time. Arg!

No sound unless filter mode is "Notch". If I put pressure down on the knob in the other modes, I can hear the sound blip for a moment, and then it's gone again...

I will be in touch with Arturia for a replacement part.

Rokk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 07:42:19 pm »
Reviving this thread. Just today the same happened on my Minibrute.
I was happy to see Mouser part being posted here. As my Minibrute ages I'm more and more worried, because now this switch died and the noise source behaves in an erratic way, sometimes bright, sometimes all dark and popping. But at least I now have a good reason to open it up, fix that noise issue, too (hopefully) and while I'm at it I'll change the pot for LFO to Pitch amount so that it will bring the mod in more gradually.
Thanx.

WabashDiscord

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2022, 07:28:00 pm »
Hello everyone.  Sad to see all of these issues over the years.

I am having a slightly similar problem, except the filter select knob does not appear to impact any sound change when moving between LP HP BP Notch.  I do, however, get sound out of selecting each mode.

At first, I thought I was having a sound level issue.  Then, after more investigation, I discovered that the filter selection knob is not working as expected.  Also, another odd aspect of my problem is that if I put the cut off frequency in ~12 o-clock and crank up the resonance, the sound comes BLASTING out.

I wondered if anyone else saw something similar to my issue and if replacing the Filter Mode rotary knob did the trick.

Thank you for your help.

UPDATE:  After reading the forums and playing with my filter selection knob, I was able to hear it pop and blast some additional sound through, so I think this is my problem.  Just ordered a new switch based on xanderhing reference, the SR1712F-0204-20F0A-N9-N-027, from Mouser:  https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Taiwan/SR1712F-0204-20F0A-N9-N-027

I will report back how it goes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 09:04:11 pm by WabashDiscord »

MattCha

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2022, 08:29:45 pm »
Not sure if my problem is the same, but it seems like the filter cutoff for some reason was set very low, so that even in LP mode, if I turn cutoff to idk... 5 oclock (100% open), it still low-passes most of the signal. AND when I switch to bandpass, it is only responsive when the filter is between 7 and 11 oclock - while still bypassing any signal beyond like 300hz.

Interestingly, and to support the diagnosis that the cutoff frequency is somehow like ..2 to 3x lower than it should be, when I turn the sub oscillator on, the signal is boosted big time. Super boomy and low.

Could this be the same problem or a combination of the filter switch problem and a filter cutoff problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92VX0ksLQ4o

I made a ticket but by the sounds of things support is dicey at best. Shame, the whole reason I busted out the minibrute again was cuz I was looking at buying a Polybrute and remembered that I love the MB and wanted to jam  :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines