March 28, 2024, 07:09:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Filter mode knob doesn't work  (Read 30942 times)

lavenir

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Filter mode knob doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »
Really unfortunate that this thread has been around for over a year and no solution by Arturia has been posted yet or at the very least, acknowledged. Now I get to join the club. Turned on the brute in the studio today and discovered I'm having the exact same issue with the filter (only makes sound with the notch selected). Just filed a ticket with support. I'll see where that goes. Hopefully this is an easy fix and not a component gone bad.

Any more info please post.

Cheers all!

j.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:00:51 am by lavenir »

sslneve

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »
sslneve - i have exactly the same problem. If you do get to the bottom of it, please share. Good luck!
I opened a ticket and am waaaaaiiitiiiiing.
Hello we're in the same boat :(
Actually I didn't solve anything (I did everything..).. I also did not open the ticket.
So let's see what happens. Maybe I will open the ticket.
So frustrated..

lavenir

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 07:53:43 pm »
Open a ticket. I've been back and forth for the last 12 days with them. But they have yet to suggest anything to me other than it needs to be looked at by Arturia. The more tickets that are opened about this issue the better. At least they'll have to acknowledge there's an issue with some of the units.

Growing frustrated!

sslneve

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »
Open a ticket. I've been back and forth for the last 12 days with them. But they have yet to suggest anything to me other than it needs to be looked at by Arturia. The more tickets that are opened about this issue the better. At least they'll have to acknowledge there's an issue with some of the units.

Growing frustrated!
Any updates? Please let me know.
I still didn't open the ticket..

Dav1d

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 10:03:23 am »
FYI
This could be related to a defective potentiometer, in this case we need to change it, so if for anybody this happens on your unit:
Send an email to the support with:
- the serial number situated underneath the unit
- a description of the problem
- your address
- your phone #
- a proof of purchase
==> technical-inquiry@arturia.com

:)

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 01:51:33 am »
Hello,

I think I have this problem.

I am waiting to hear back from emails I sent to Arturia...so I made this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IzHBewgSbI

Please advise.

Thank you!

BodoBrute

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 04:39:55 pm »
Hi,

I also have this problem.

my Minibrute just puts out normal volume only when the filter mode switch is set to 'notch'. All other settings lead to barely audible output. This never happened before.
I already opened a case and will send the e-mail requested above, but perhaps someone here has a quicker idea.

I haven't changed anything else, and the back switch setting makes no change whatsoever (it is and was set to KBD anyway, but I also tried it with Hold and Audio).

I'd be so thankful for help. I just wanted to record something but that is now not possible  :-[.

baksagimm

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 10:37:05 pm »
i have same issue with mine too. would local electrician solve this problem? seems like some sort of circuit problem.

BodoBrute

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 03:43:20 pm »
I was told by Arturia customer service that, and I quote, "This is a defective switch, it can happens."

I doubt the problem lies in the circuitry, since 3 filter circuits failing at once with one remaining intact would be a very strange coincidence indeed.

Anyway, I have an appointment with a synth tech tomorrow who will - hopefully - fix it.

I'll keep you updated once I have further information.

BodoBrute

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 09:08:39 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'll keep you updated once I have further information.

I tend to keep my promises, so here goes:

I got a phone call from the tech today, and I think I may have some good news.

My initial thought was confirmed: According to the 'Filter' schematic that can be found here, 'Notch' is nothing but LP and HP used simultaneously. So if 'Notch' works, the filter circuits for LP and HP must be OK. The tech found the filter switch itself to be faulty, which confirms what Arturia's customer service already told me (see my previous post).

As a makeshift solution, he has now bridged (i.e. soldered a direct and firm connection between) positions 6 and 10 of the switch, which means the filter is permanently set to LP. This is a relatively simple and cost effective solution for those of us who use nothing but the LP mode anyway (hey - many analog synths don't even have the other three  ;)).

A complete solution means we need the switch and the ability to  replace it on the PCB (or someone who can do it).

To me, it seems most likely that Arturia received a poor quality batch/shipment of these parts from their suppliers - which is not Arturia's fault (but neither ours).
I think it would be a good, fair and customer friendly move to make them available for us at a very reasonable price. After all, we still have to pay the techs for replacing them, plus all the hassle ;).

I really hope this information is valuable for all of you that encounter(ed) that problem!

Be aware that the above mentioned procedure is not recommended if your Minibrute still has warranty, since that repair will most certainly render all warranty claims void!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:51:34 pm by BodoBrute »

roggie

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 11:00:26 pm »
I'm having the same problem, just surfaced today, submitted a ticket, has anyone resolved this issue yet?

fivefathom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 12:51:55 am »
Same here.  Can someone from Arturia share a link to the part or the part number?

glitch34

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 01:58:29 pm »
I had the same problem with the pot after my warranty expired and replacement part was sent by Arturia via surface mail. I got it replaced by the authorized dealer here (requires soldering) and it works fine now.

pravetta

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »
I have the same problem on mine Arturia, is unbelieveble I've used the minebrute very few time that's not possible!!
What Can I Do? Have fix the problem changing the knob on PCB?

Insect O.

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Etui Records
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 09:58:03 pm »
Today I tried to setup Analog Four CV out to Minirbute CV Pitch and Gate .... and ... very very low sound. Only at Notch position I get something like a "sound". Same when I'm playing on the Minibrute keys.

I found out that pushing the Filter Swicht a bit brings the sound back. So I guess there is a technically problem with the knob.

Did you find any solutions??

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines