March 19, 2024, 11:24:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Spark 1.7 and Logic X drummer track  (Read 2186 times)

AlexZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia Spark 1.7 and Logic X drummer track
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:55 am »
I'm trying to get the drummer track in Logic X to control the Arturia Spark.
I can replace the Drum Kit Designer plugin that's used by default for the drummer track with, for example, the Ultrabeat plugin and it just works.
The Arturia Spark plugin seems to work in a software instrument track, I can play it with the Spark controller, I can both record and play MIDI notes, but when I use it as a plugin for the drummer track, there is simply no sound.
I've tried exporting MIDI from the drummer track to the software instrument track, but the note<->drum mapping seems to be messed up, and even if it is possible to figure out how to convert Arturia's drum mapping to Logic's, exporting the MIDI data every time after a change is made in the drummer track's settings is going to be ... painful.
Any ideas on how to get this working?

AlexZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia Spark 1.7 and Logic X drummer track
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:49:34 am »
I've almost got this to work.
Here's what I've done:
1) create a drummer track;
2) create a software instrument track, load the Arturia Spark plugin in it;
3) create MIDI aliases on the software instrument track that link to the regions on the drummer track;
4) in the Arturia Spark preferences set the Drum map to "General MIDI" (there are 2 of these settings, I set them both).
This gets the Spark making sounds, but the drum map is still wrong. I've tried simply transposing the MIDI notes up/down, but this didn't help the mapping.
Any ideas where to go next?
Is there any way to create a custom drum map for Spark?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Arturia Spark 1.7 and Logic X drummer track
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »
Hi just a quick note if you right click on the pad you can change the midi note to the same as logics.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines