March 19, 2024, 03:30:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB connection - Will not connect. PC.  (Read 2690 times)

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
USB connection - Will not connect. PC.
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:19 pm »
Had my brute for some time now & when i first got it (New) i hooked it up to my laptop & chose my preferred settings.

Anyway, i plugged it in again today (Same laptop again) because i wanted to change the midi channel (Still can't believe you have to plug it into a computer just to do that) but the software can't detect the synth.
I tried the basic procedures & tried a different order of doing things including the holding down the octave buttons but it made no difference. I'm stuck in mid channel 2, 1 type of velocity setting etc..

I just get the same messages again & again, something like ' cannot detect the minibrute' or 'failed to connect to it , try again ?'
I deleted the software & firmware file and re-downloaded it again but that made no difference either.

I don't get it, it worked 6 months ago & now it doesn't.

???  Anybody have the answer ?...... Please !

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: USB connection - Will not connect. PC.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:41 pm »
Amazed that nobody else has experienced this at least. Are there no Arturia reps or people in the know/loop around on this forum ?

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:39:56 am »
I had this problem too, powering the Minibrute off and on again while connected did solve it for me. Did it work meanwhile?

Otherwise, could it be your USB cable or port is broken? Dust and dirt anywhere in the way?

Another thing could be that it most likely needs to be connected directly to the computer with no USB hub between, did you check that too?
Veganism rules.

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:52:24 am »
and yes, the need of software to change most basic settings is really silly and causing additional work one doesn't really need.
It's the first analog synthesizer of a software manufacturer though, so I guess nobody had the idea it could be actually used standalone or in places where there is no computer at all. Same for all other settings being limited to software when one wants to change them.

However there is hope, I complained about this issue at Arturia support already and it seems to be planned to add the possibility to change these things right on the Minibrute... implementation would be rather easy on the hardware side, so I'm looking forward positively. Just wish such OS updates wouldn't take that long, seems like adding additional basic parameters is a long process...  ::)
Veganism rules.

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 02:06:34 pm »

Bloxelectrix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 04:05:18 pm »
Yes i read it thanks. I'm currently unable to get it going.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines