March 19, 2024, 10:21:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mr. Bruno~! We are very curious when the new F/W update is coming!!!  (Read 3097 times)

circfine

Well, literally same as the title.

We (some MiniBrute users including me) really want to know when it's coming.
Any rough schedule would be very appreciated.

And!

If possible, could you please let us know what the new F/W will include?
Such as bug fix for MIDI channel selection...
Such as added functions like local on/off, Step Sequencer (if it's possible with the existing H/W...and so on...

Thank you in advance!  ;)

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Mr. Bruno~! We are very curious when the new F/W update is coming!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »
arturia doesn't seem to care about customers after you've given them your money.

a shame, really. i planned on buying a couple of arturia products but this handling of the minibrute firmware has already convinced me to sell off one arturia product and stop buying any new ones.

it's been almost a year full of empty promises
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:36:01 pm by stevism »

Quinthius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:55:53 pm »
They have stated that they are working on FW update now that the Microbrute has been released.  I have seen mention (not necessarily official) of local on/off, midi THRU, fixed iPad functionality, and possible added step sequencer functionality.  we will have to wait and see what makes it in :)  But again, they have stated they are working on it, so just have some patience.  I imagine it is very difficult to give a solid deadline on "when" it will be done - especially if they are aiming to incorporate all / or some of these highly requested features and make sure they are done correctly.

For the record I am very happy with my MB, flaws and all (but still eagerly awaiting FW update, hehe)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:43:32 am »
I'm indeed currently working on it, for sure this update has been postpone due to MicroBrute development, but now it's on it's way.  Honestly I don't think that providing an update 1 year after the last stable is not fair, especially when it's for adding features and not fixing major bugs.
The feature list is not yet validated, but Local/on off and Ipad thing are on it.
I'll let you know the others as soon as it validated. for the version itself, I should publish a beta in the few weeks
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

T3k

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
I agree with Bruno - these are small though cool bonus features. No one is depending on them.

There are some major gear companies that have halted development on active products. They continue marketing synths that have long lists of bugs, with no intention to spend any more time on them. It's all about the next model, next series, etc. The product cycle is pretty quick in the digital realm.

MiniBrute works as advertised and sounds fantastic.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:26:37 am »
there are a couple of bugs that linger

1) the arp does NOT sync properly with incoming clock.
2) the arp doesn't hold a tempo properly after "tapping" and does not stay in time for more than 2-3 bars at best. becomes very sloppy after that
3) Still a very annoying and troubling issue where the lfo will sync to the clock even when it's set to free. This is a major bug and ruins long, evolving sounds in particular
4) connection issues via usb, another thread is currently discussing how there are potentially unresolved errors with that
5) The lack of local midi on/off is NOT an extra feature, it is something that was a glaring omission. Under the "details" of the minibrute on arturia's site it says "Alternatively use MiniBrute as a master keyboard for your DAW or other MIDI-enabled equipment." which is pretty annoying to do without having local on/off as an option. this feature is something plenty of people may depend on, and effectively prevents it from being used in a small portable setup where it is both a controller for your daw as well as a sound module.

I agree that for some people this firmware is not too pertinent, but i also don't think that it's right to ignore the issue. I have ignored it for a long time because after following the threads on here i thought it was coming soon. But after awhile all threads that discussed this topic were just flat out ignored by anyone in the know.

It does work and does sound fantastic...but as advertised? I don't think that's entirely true.

Sorry but I think waiting 11 months is more than enough for the things I listed. The last firmware came out on January 08, 2013.

snowcrash

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »
Ad 1) Mine does sync properly with any external Midi Clock. What is you precise setup so this could be debugged?

Ad 2) IMO this is not a bug at all. If the Arp stays in sync when using tap-tempo it highly depends on your tapping skills. Especially when tapping to a steady external machine it is nearly impossible for humans to tap in the precise tempo. So depending on how good you hit the tempo it will be out of phase sooner or later.

Ad 3) I thought this actually was fixed in the last update.

Ad 4) Yes there are some issues and I'm excited that Arturia even plans to make the MB iPad compatible. Anyway it's not an issue for me since I don't reconfigure my MiniBrute very often or even at all. But I can see it can be annyoing.

Ad 5) Local on/off isn't a show-stopper for me, but I totally get your point.

What would be a great addition to the MiniBrute OS would be CC control for some of the configuration parameters like the MicroBrute is capable of. So you wouldn't need a computer for such things as legato mode or local on/off.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines