March 19, 2024, 11:38:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniBrute integration with CV systems: sequencer in, arpeggiator trigger, etc  (Read 4350 times)

cerulean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I was looking into the MicroBrute this afternoon but found the sound a bit anemic compared to the Mini.  However, I liked that that Micro had built in sequencer and patch points -- it seemed design to 'play nice' with old school, CV systems.

How well does the Mini work in CV/Gate in/out setups?

• if I plug a sequencer into CV (pitch) in, will the Mini allow me to transpose the sequence via the built-in keyboard?  That is, will the Mini 'add' the CV-in sequence to the note played on the Mini's keyboard (a la the Micro with its internal sequencer)?
• I assume the Gate in will trigger the envelope (i.e. play notes). Does the gate in trigger both envelopes (Filter and VCA)?
• Will Gate in also trigger the arpeggiator correctly?  I saw one post that said it did not.

Anything else you can say regarding your experience with the Mini in a CV system appreciated.  I'm thinking of using it as a bass synth, with analog drum machine and keyboards in a live situation, but also in a studio where it would integrate with modular synths.

By the way, I've seen many posts detailing issues with the build quality -- this could be par for the course for any large-scale operation, but it was a bit disheartening, as I've been very lucky with the new and vintage synths I've purchased.  How well is your Mini/Micro made?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
• if I plug a sequencer into CV (pitch) in, will the Mini allow me to transpose the sequence via the built-in keyboard?  That is, will the Mini 'add' the CV-in sequence to the note played on the Mini's keyboard (a la the Micro with its internal sequencer)?
yes, but:
The pitch input is added with the current key equivalent CV. so you will not be able to transpose lower that the input sequence. The transposition range you get from the keyboard it +1octave to +7 octaves.
At startup, if you don't touch the keyboard transposition will be 0

• I assume the Gate in will trigger the envelope (i.e. play notes). Does the gate in trigger both envelopes (Filter and VCA)?
yes
• Will Gate in also trigger the arpeggiator correctly?  I saw one post that said it did not.
No gate input does not steps the arpeggiator on minibrute. The Hardware does not allows it.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

bartleby

No gate input does not steps the arpeggiator on minibrute. The Hardware does not allows it.
oh, that's a hardware problem, nothing that could be fixed with software?
i was hoping that this would be fixed with the next fw version. :(

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
but exact it requires both firmware and hardware.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
but exact it requires both firmware and hardware.

Since the software can trigger the envelopes, can't this be reversed so the software detects when the envelopes are triggered by an external signal at all?
Veganism rules.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Since the software can trigger the envelopes, can't this be reversed so the software detects when the envelopes are triggered by an external signal at all?
no it's not possible. The only way is to modify the board, and the firmware. It's some kind of a advance hack...
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines