March 28, 2024, 10:09:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I really want my Keylab61 to work in Protools!  (Read 5496 times)

JeremiahDirt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • God.Fam.Music
    • Hiphop/Beats/Rhymes/Culture @
I really want my Keylab61 to work in Protools!
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:34:44 am »
First off
let me pre-face that I am pretty new to anything Midi. I am also completely self taught in Protools although I've been using it for 7 years.

I really tried to figure this out on my own for two months (online and through the manuals) but I really need to get this keyboard to perform for me.

I have a new Keylab61 with Analog Lab software.
I use a MACBook Pro running OSX 10.8.5
I am creating music in ProTools 10.3.7

I cannot get the Analog Lab software to integrate properly into my ProTools sessions.

I got it to work once (I think through MIDI, although I would prefer through USB/instrument track)
But it seems like every time I open a Protools session up, Keylab/Analog Lab wants to do something else.

I am sure I am missing a setting that I need to have on. But I would really appreciate it if someone could walk a MIDI virgin through the set-up process and help me get it to CONSISTANTLY work properly.

Honestly, I love this keyboard.... the look and the sound and the build of it are amazing. But I need to RECORD now or else I wasted my money.

Please Help.

Thank you.
------------------
KeyLab 61 / Analog Lab
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10.3.7

lets create music!
LocustFist.com

JeremiahDirt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • God.Fam.Music
Re: I really want my Keylab61 to work in Protools!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 04:02:37 am »
ok... below I have copy/pasted some help I have found for anyone else with this problem.
First let me explain where I am at with it.

I have downloaded latest Analog Lab.
I can Now Get Analog Lab to show up on a "multi-channel plugin > Instrument" track.
But CANNOT get it to record.

the Keyboard plays out of my studio monitors.
everything else on the track plays out of the studio monitors.

When I hit record, everything still plays, except that all that records on the Keylab/Analog lab track is a flat file with no sound (even though sound was coming out of the monitors).
No levels on the EQ are picking up, even though the sound of the keyboard is coming out.

I seriously need help with this one.
Thank you

--------copy/pasted info------------
First of all, verify that files :

- [Windows] "Analog Factory.dpm" and "Analog Factory.dpm.rsr" are correctly installed in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins".

- [Macintosh] "Analog Factory.dpm" is correctly installed in "/Library/Applications Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/".

Check that only the latest version of the plugin is available in this folder, and that you don't have any 'arturia engine' in your plugin folder.

If the dpm files are not present, try to re-install the application from the last update installer you have downloaded (or from the CD-Rom). It is highly recommended to use the last update since it is more stable.

Launch protools, create a stereo audio track and look for the plugin in "multi-channel plugin > Instrument".

If the plugin still does not appear in the instrument list, and you are on a Windows platform, you might miss some required Microsoft libraries. These libraries can be installed easily using a Microsoft program "vcredist_x86.exe" that can be found on Microsoft website:
http://www.microso ft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE
Download and install it. It should fix the problem.

------------------
KeyLab 61 / Analog Lab
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10.3.7

lets create music!
LocustFist.com

JeremiahDirt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • God.Fam.Music
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:10:48 am »
Correction:
I had Analog Lab open at the same time as Protools so the keyboard was playing THROUGH Analog Lab NOT my proTools session.

So... I can get Analog Lab to open up on its own, and work as normal.
I can get Analog Lab to open up on a Multichannel Inst Track in protools, but NO sound and obviously NO WAY to RECORD!

Help... Anyone!
------------------
KeyLab 61 / Analog Lab
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10.3.7

lets create music!
LocustFist.com

JeremiahDirt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • God.Fam.Music
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 05:35:21 am »
Still not working.  :'(
------------------
KeyLab 61 / Analog Lab
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10.3.7

lets create music!
LocustFist.com

saul3273@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 12:25:14 pm »
Ur keylab works as midi controller inside protools?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines