March 28, 2024, 03:33:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: brand new defective unit.  (Read 2888 times)

uddman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
brand new defective unit.
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »
I just bought a minibrute from musiciansfriend. I had it shipped here to the philippines for 140$. I wasn't expecting it to sound like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpDAOjYAas4&feature=youtu.be

I plugged it in the right voltage, i tried changing cables, i tried using headphones and twisted every knob is still just did this sound.
What sucks is if i return it to musiciansfriend to exchange for a new one I'd have to pay another 140$ to ship back then another 140$ back to the here in the philippines. So it's like I just bought another one.  :(

tertior

Re: brand new defective unit.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »
Trying to move the switch keyboard at the back of the MiniBrute.

T3k

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:16:13 pm »
Start with the basic default patch as described in the manual.

Reinstall the latest firmware

Restart it a few times in a row (not too fast)

Change the keyboard/gate switch on the back of the unit a few times, then leave it set on keyboard

Make sure your AMP knob on the LFO destination section is set at the center detent

Make sure you are monitoring it through the headphone or audio out jack, and those volume knobs are up

If you are 100% convinced that the unit is faulty, contact Arturia through the support section (register the Minibrute too)

Or, email the retailer and explain your situation with shipping. They might have a better suggestion.

uddman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 06:47:48 pm »
Okay thanks I'll try this.

uddman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 08:41:32 am »
Start with the basic default patch as described in the manual.

Reinstall the latest firmware

Restart it a few times in a row (not too fast)

Change the keyboard/gate switch on the back of the unit a few times, then leave it set on keyboard

Make sure your AMP knob on the LFO destination section is set at the center detent

Make sure you are monitoring it through the headphone or audio out jack, and those volume knobs are up

If you are 100% convinced that the unit is faulty, contact Arturia through the support section (register the Minibrute too)

Or, email the retailer and explain your situation with shipping. They might have a better suggestion.

Still doesn't work. In fact the update won't  read my minibrute. I just made an account, ill contact arturia regarding this. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:48:00 pm by uddman »

uddman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 03:51:51 am »
Still broken. arturia tech stopped replying too. This is a terrible product and a waste of my money.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines