March 28, 2024, 10:43:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.7.1 update doesn't include Spark Midi Control Center  (Read 1638 times)

Gonga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.7.1 update doesn't include Spark Midi Control Center
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »
On my system, Windows 8 64-bit, when I install v. 1.7.1, there's no Midi Control Center for Spark, only one for SparkLE.  Can anyone else confirm this?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:04:36 am by Gonga »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: 1.7.1 update doesn't include Spark Midi Control Center
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:11:53 am »
Hi,
I just tried the installer and it just works fine.
Anyway, I have attached the Spark MCC if you want.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Gonga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 01:03:30 am »
Thanks Kevin.  Works great, didn't realize the MCC doesn't require installation.  And by the way, Spark is awesome, and I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for all you and the team have done to constantly improve Spark and offer lots of new and very cool features and libraries.

But I swear, something is wrong with the regular installer, and it may have to do with the Select Components window.  When I run the installer under Windows 8 x64, I check the boxes for Standalone, Spark Library, VST plugin (64 bits) and Spark MIDI Control Center.  I deselect VST Plugin, AAX Plugin, RTAS Plugin and SparkLE MIDI Control Center.

As you can see, I get the SparkLE MCC instead of Spark MCC.  I re-downloaded and re-installed and got the same result.  Note, that although I installed the 64-bit version only, the application is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, and not in the Program Files folder.  The installer does create a shortcut to the MCC, and it points to this same folder, therefore creating an error message asking whether the user wants to delete the shortcut since there is no such .exe at that location.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:56:29 am by Gonga »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:16:47 am »
Hi,
thanks for the details.
I will investigate this a little bit more.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines