March 19, 2024, 08:59:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using ext audio (v2.5 in Sonar)  (Read 7088 times)

halcyonhammer@msn.com

Using ext audio (v2.5 in Sonar)
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:15:43 am »
Fairly new user with MMV 2.5, Sonar 8.5.  How do I use the "ext audio"?  I have searched through the manual pdf but cannot find anything about it.  Did not find the answer in the other forum posts either.

I would love to run some pre-recorded audio (such as guitar or vox) through some of those nice VCFs, VCAs, or other processing tools in the MMV.  And have MIDI control over how they operate! 

But can anyone tell me how this is done, if at all?  (I may be naive, but the "features" allude to the possibility, so I am starting with the assumption that it can somehow be done...)  Thanks!

Antoine

Re: Using ext audio (v2.5 in Sonar)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:57:12 am »
A few days ago I tweaked this article in the Knowledge Base; hope this helps a bit.
ex-Arturian

Upright

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:50 am »
This just solved my problem....thank you. Now why are you an 'ex' Arturian?

dthgtr

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 12:19:43 am »
Hi, just purchased the Mod V a few days ago and as with the original poster, I too am having the same difficulty. I clicked on the article link in the first reply above but it no longer links to the
to the prescribed article. Obviously there are Sonar users here, can anyone help me out, please?

Thanks, Don
Sonar Platinum  Focusrite Scarlett 8i6  Novation Impulse 49  Win 10 Home Premium

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 02:50:34 pm »
Hi, just purchased the Mod V a few days ago and as with the original poster, I too am having the same difficulty. I clicked on the article link in the first reply above but it no longer links to the
to the prescribed article. Obviously there are Sonar users here, can anyone help me out, please?

Thanks, Don

It's an old thread.

There is an example in the manual "1.22.2 The Envelope Follower". Page 125.

In Modular V's third section there is output's for you external signal.

You use the FX version of Modular v as a FX for a track you wish to have the FX. You find it with your other fx plug-ins.
But then you also create a traxk in your DAW to control that Modular V FX. Create a track and select the Modular FX for that track. That's because the effect works when you play the FX.

In the example "1.22.2 The Envelope Follower" the trigger for the VCA is set to the follower. this don't work for me. So change that to be "Keyboard trigger". That's only logic if you have to play the Modular V.

But remember this is only one example. Eksperiment.

I don't use Sonar.

Hope this helps.

dthgtr

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 07:03:55 pm »
Thank you LBH for your reply. I will check out the "third section there is output's for you external signal", but I have tried the example in the manual step by step. To no avail. I even got a tutorial
from the sales rep that I contacted before my purchase, but that has been fruitless so far.
As I understand it, the Mod V is suppose to to be able to respond to audio. Sonar is not Cubase and every DAW seems to to have functions unique to their own manufacturer that others are not capable of.
I am sure this is just a matter of routing.
Hopefully, one of the previous posters or another Sonar user may come across this shed some light.
Until then, thanks again LBH.

Don

Sonar Platinum  Focusrite Scarlett 8i6  Novation Impulse 49  Win 10 Home Premium

LBH

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 09:10:33 pm »
Thank you LBH for your reply. I will check out the "third section there is output's for you external signal", but I have tried the example in the manual step by step. To no avail. I even got a tutorial
from the sales rep that I contacted before my purchase, but that has been fruitless so far.
As I understand it, the Mod V is suppose to to be able to respond to audio. Sonar is not Cubase and every DAW seems to to have functions unique to their own manufacturer that others are not capable of.
I am sure this is just a matter of routing.
Hopefully, one of the previous posters or another Sonar user may come across this shed some light.
Until then, thanks again LBH.

Don

Hi Don.

Try to follw my instrunctions and change the manual example VCA trigger to "Keyboard trigger".

You need to play the Modular V to get any FX sound. That's why the FX need a track, But use the FX version of the plugin.

I'm sure you can got it to work by creating a empry track for a plug-in in Sonar, and then assign a FX version of Modular that you have inserted as a effect on for instance a audio track.

LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines