March 19, 2024, 09:48:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to map mod wheel?  (Read 16852 times)

badbear

How to map mod wheel?
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:29:12 pm »
Cant find anyway to map the mod wheel to my controllers wheel.

claude9

Re: How to map mod wheel?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:00:52 pm »
 :( I cannot find a way to map the imini mod wheel to my controller either. I am using Irig keys which uses cc#01 for mod wheel which should be the default but it does not work. Pitch wheel maps fine without mapping anything. Wheels cannot be selected in midi learn. Please help! claude9.

synth_hero

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:25:54 pm »
According to the original "MiniMg synthesizer operation manual": when the oscillator modulation switch is  turned ON then "The MODULATION wheel is in effect a level control for the Modulation Mix." So you could try mapping CC1 to the mod mix knob in the controller section on the bottom left. This did not, however, work for me.

I second (third) the request for adding the (virtual) mod wheel for mapping to the hardware controller mod wheel. Thanks in advance.

marloc

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:52:21 pm »
We begging you for fix midi issues... If you don't have time to implement mapping feature for mod-wheel (also unmapping for each controles will be nice), just hard-map this to standard CC 01, like PB is mapped, it will be fine. Mg ancestry should oblige...

Bobby Simons

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:19 pm »
I'm chiming in as well. Surely this significant issue just slipped through and can be fixed. Back in the day, my mini playing style had my finger glued to those wheels. Now, my 'reconstructed' patches sound great - let me authentically re-live the glory days!   ::)

kewball1

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 12:44:43 am »
Agree with bobby - hands glued to the wheels.  pLEASE implement this ASAP.  I can assign this control in all of my other apps, Nano studio synths, etc.  It's a must have basic feature.

Retroman52

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 08:33:16 am »
WTF! Mod wheel needs midi assignment option as in most other synth apps. Get it together guys! This is not a true Mini emulation without this very basic function.

Bobby Simons

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 01:53:16 pm »
Unfortunately, this forum is apparently utterly ignored by Arturia. In fact I've not heard of them actually replying to any user communications. It's a disgrace, really.

chipster_

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »
Anyone else having random pitch changes in Imini? I find it a serious fault that you cannot map pitch and mod wheels. I'm using an old Radium 61.

mdesignffm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »
hi,

i use a neusonik iboard4, and both pitch and mod wheel work fine, without manually connecting anything.

connecting the volume knob via midi learn worked fine, too. connecting another knob to cutoff failed, though. when moving the knob, cutoff moves to 0 every time and does not move anywhere else.

update: mod wheel does not work on my present irig keys pro and korg nano keys. neusonik is sold, so i cannot check. :-(((
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:06:49 pm by mdesignffm »

rove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:54:15 pm »
I am having this problem where mod wheel isn't working, is this still not implemented?  Using keylab 25.
thanks

JayBee808

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 09:28:31 pm »
Same issue here  :(. Mod wheel not working from the controller. Tried with Alesis Q25 and Q49s. I've got a MiniLab available but its a pain to disconnect... Is the Mod wheel working for anyone?

JayBee808

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 05:01:08 pm »
Been chatting with tech support:

A possible workaround would be to midi learn the Wheel from your Keyboard to a specific parameter.

This bug is already referenced, and will be corrected soon.

and

No, the imini modulation wheel is not mappable until the next update, by cons, you can map you own keyboard modulation wheel on a specific parameter using the MIDI learn function.

Waiting for the update... My controller isn't mappable on the Mod wheel...  :(

tentillum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 03:41:22 am »
Update today. Still no fix.  >:(

mdesignffm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:32 pm »