March 28, 2024, 06:54:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU load!!! totally unusable  (Read 7014 times)

MtotheC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CPU load!!! totally unusable
« on: September 25, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »
Playing with the Analog Lab multi setting and no matter what patch I'm using, one note yields a CPU of 124%!  I turn my wi-fi connection off, as well.  I now cannot use any synth in the V Collection without a CPU overload.  No Analog Lab and not as plug in for Ableton.   :'(
512 Samples/ 44,100 Hz
I have a Mac 2.53 ghz
4g RAM
10.8 OS

ilove

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CPU load!!! totally unusable
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »
It's not your computer; it's buggy software. I've maxed out my computer as well.  (rMBP) 2.7 Ghz i7 16GB DDR3  I get clicks and pops on standalone and more often if I try to use the analog lab as a plugin in a logic session.  Pops and clicks start occurring at 90%

Considering returning my Keylab 49 because I can't even get a customer service response regarding a pad issue I'm having.  :(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:11:45 pm by ilove »

witchmaster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 11:26:04 am »
Having the same problem. It's amazing that a company can release something this flawed, totally unusable product.

bondsong

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 11:49:22 pm »
Same here, totally useless piece of software.

Updated to 1.0.5 and the CPU usage went down by ~ half

MBP 2.2 ghz 16 GB Ram

Frank
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:56:25 am by bondsong »

phaz3d

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 03:27:51 pm »
 ???
I am currently running Analog Lab 1.1 on an evaluation licence prior to (hopefully ) buying KeyLab49, but I am encountering some strange behaviour regarding high CPU usage when running the VST3 in Cubase 7.0.
My system is running on a Windows 7 PC, with quad core Intel i7 (8 core hyper-threading), and 6 Gbyte RAM.
If I load the Analog Lab VST3 into Cubase, even with no project open, the CPU load immediately goes up to 20%.  Hitting a few keys sends this to 100% and the sound starts to cut out.
Analog Lab runs fine as standalone, with moderate (<20%) CPU loading even with many notes playing, so no problem there.
I loaded the VST2.4 into Abelton Live, and no problems there either.
I then tried other VST3s in Cubase.  Steinberg VST3s all run with zero CPU until a note is played, as one might expect.  Tried with Arturia CS80 and that exhibits same high CPU as for Analog Lab ?!?

Just to see the extent of the issue, I then ran Cubase as another user on the same PC as above, and again loaded the Analog Lab VST3.  I was amazed to see that on this instance the CPU loading was way lower and in my view, quite acceptable.

Is there any known issue regarding Aurturia VST3s begin incompatible with any third party applications that might be running in the background, e.g. anti-virus?  I'm hoping someone here will have an answer as otherwise it will take a load of trial and error to identify and eliminate the cause of this problem.  Also, why should Arturia's VST implementations behave this way when Steinberg's do not?

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »
I've just tried it in 7.5 and it was normal for me:

http://www.screencast.com/t/6gRf1SgXX

I'm running my machine as administrator, I don't have any user accounts to try. Have you tried running Cubase as administrator? If you click on the properties of the Cubase shortcut/EXE you will find an option to 'run as administrator' or there should be a right click action to run as administrator to try it just the once.

phaz3d

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 06:09:04 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried running as administrator but no change to CPU %.
Unless there is a clearly identified reason why Cubase 7.5 has fixed an issue that existed with 7.0 then I am reluctant to fork out for the upgrade just on the off-chance that it will now work with Arturia VSTs.
The fact that there is no problem when running as another user on my PC points to the conclusion that some process is interacting with the VST to cause the CPU overload.

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »
strange.. You could try the vst 2.4 version instead to see if that works

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:50:55 pm by kickwizard »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines